“only if despirate”

Ranked #322 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“only if despirate”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

i ended up booking here simply becuase i couldnt find any opening anywhere else for that particular day i need and happened to be in the area.
As far as clenleness if overall is good. But many things didnt work in the room...
lamp did not turn on.
Wireless Wifi extremely slow...i actually gave up after trying several time..coulnt get anything done.
i couldnt charge my laptop, many power outlets were out, not funtioning.
Phone in room, handset doesnt work. Only can get a dial tone if put on speaker phone.
matress unconfortable to sleep on. I only had about 5hrs of some sleep. Would not call it cnfortable sleep.
when you call in, people are rude...they need to train these employess a new concept, called
courtesy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Slovak first
South Wales, UK
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Good value basic motel, clean and quiet, comfortable beds. Nice toiletries, helpful staff and good breakfast. All you need for a 1 night stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Austin, TX
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We chose this hotel because it is close to Northwest Houston Medical Center, where our daughter had surgery. The rooms were large and clean, had a microwave and small fridge. The breakfast suited our needs for a quick bite. We had toast and cold cereal, but there were other choices. Coffee was surprisingly good. Front desk staff were helpful and professional. Our grandson enjoyed the pool and hot tub, which were well kept. Plenty of restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. There is not one negative I could point at about this hotel.

The location is ideal if you are looking for something on the North end of Houston. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were clean, the price was very attractive, and there was ample parking.

I travel to Houston often and tried this hotel because I was with my family. I will now be using this hotel as my first choice when I return.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 2 April 2010

The hotel room was clean and the staff was great. I would stay again. It is close to the airport. About a 15 minute trip. It is also close to may good stores for shopping and some great restaurants close by. I like that it is right on the feeder of I-45 and it is a short ride to The Woodlands and very close to the Beltway 8.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Gloucester
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Wanted hotel short drive from airport as I didn't want to start my trip in the dark having just flown for 10 hours.

What a great choice, just 20 minutes drive from the airport and will use again as arrival and departure hotel.

I booked direct online and got a great rate, staff were very helpful, room was spacious and clean, free Wi-Fi, free parking, good choice at breakfast.

Indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi was a real bonus.

Room was large and clean, but Jacuzzi bath did not work which was a shame.

Free parking, and there are a plenty of restaurants just outside and within walking distance plus even more just five minutes drive away as well as shops.

Did not have a noise problem in the room and the breakfast was just right, cereals, waffles, coffee, fruit juice, bagels etc.

Distance from Downtown Houston by car is about 40 minutes at the peak rush hour and even quicker outside of the peak times.

No problem recommending and will use again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GloucesterTraveler
Ft. Worth, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2009

America Best Value Inn
at 609 FM 1960 West
Houston,Tx
Really lived up to it's name !!
We didn't know what to expect . This hotel was $25 cheaper then the hotel that we usually stay in . Wow , what a great surprise. The rooms were clean and large. Some rooms a lot larger then others even. We stayed in 205 , other family in 204. 204 was a lot larger eventhough ours eventhough ours was still a large room .
The people that worked there were great and did things to make our stay even more enjoyable . The breakfast was great also which really amazed us because the room was such a graat price. The swimming pool is indoors and not real big but worked great for us. It is one of the view places we have stayed that had great lights in the bathroom . You could see enough to pluck your eye brows and put you make up on. Our family got in a discussion with how old the place was . So many things made it look new but the landscaping looked fully mature.
Also we were able to walk to resturants and grocery stores and Wal-greens are right down the street.
Our family had 6 rooms and and 17 people and we all loved it .
Great job American Value Inn on FM 1960. [--]

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Houston/FM 249
Americas Best Value Platinum Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Channelview / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport
Americas Best Value Inn-Houston/Hobby Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Houston NW

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Houston FM 1960/I-45? Share your experiences!