“Highly Recommended!!!”

Ranked #4 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Highly Recommended!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My son and I stayed here July 11 for an Astros game. I am constantly on the road and stay in various hotels throughout the nation. I have never written a review but my stay here warrants one. First of all, the hotel was very clean and the rooms were very large. Every thing worked, from the TV to refrigerator. One thing that I noticed many hotels had issues with in Houston (in reading reviews) was the air conditioner not working. Not the case here. With the temperature in Houston around 100 degrees, it was a wonderful 69 in our room and never fluctuated. The bed was very comfortable, along with the couch and chairs. The staff was very friendly, the food was delicious and hot, and we heard no noise from other rooms. The staff called us a cab to go to Minute Maid Park (and it's relatively cheap, about $6 for two to ride to the park) and after the game, they called and got us a cab to return to the hotel. Again, I highly recommend this hotel. I know that the next time we are in Houston this is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and it was outstanding.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Craig F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stay here if you want downtown convenience without the hassle of valet parking. This property is safe, comfortable, and as luxurious as I'll ever need. You are within walking distance to downtown as well as the trendy neighborhood restaurants. Perfect outdoor pool and hot tub and free self parking. Standard BW breakfast with all the details covered like hot sauce for the eggs, powdered sugar for the waffles. You can tell a lot of thought went into this property. Perfect for the business traveler and comfortable for the romantic getaway. Can't say enough about this property and its caring staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank RWETHRYT
houston
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at 4 different property's for a total of 10 days in June. No problems or issues at all. The BW brand is improving and the customer service is great. Try one and judge for yourself. The hotels chain is currently upgrading all property's as well and the morning meal has improved greatly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

north carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Other than the hard partying and noise next to our room on the first night, the stay is quite comfortable in a very clean hotel. Breakfast had a nice variety of food and drinks. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel so my husband could go to doctor appointment in medical center. Brought the grandkids along so they could enjoy a night out and swim in the pool. Pool was very nice but cold. Stayed in hot tub most of time. Free breakfast was ok but nothing special. The evening happy hour was not much to write about either. The hotel offered a few selections of beer and wine. They had some sort of eggrolls for the food offering...didn't try them. Hotel staff were extremely nice. Let us hang out after check out and swim in the pool while waiting on my husband to return. Easy hotel to get to and location was great for downtown access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is a great value for the price, it is close to downtown and also has a shuttle van. The area seems to be ok, the pool is small but the hotel staff were great. The breakfast spread was super and the attendant kept the coffee going along with the hot food. The carpet had just been changed in teh hotel and the spa was out temporarily. Also, the happy hour is wonderful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Garland, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I travel once a year for an event and have previously stayed at the Hyatt Downtown and the Doubletree. This year I opted for the BWPlus as it was more conveniently located for my needs. This is a unique little hotel. I was immediately impressed by the freshly baked cookies, friendly check-in, cool lobby. It appears they are doing some new carpeting so I will look forward to that for next year. Our 2 full bed room was plenty big and nicely appointed. The bedding was great and I slept well both nights. Bottled water and Milano cookies were provided in our room along with a Keurig. Nice touches. My big disappointment was that the hot tub's heater was broken and we could sit in cold bubbly water but what is the point? I booked the room due to the closeness for our needs AND the hot tub. : \ The breakfast was typical but I do feel the breakfast attendant could have been a little more observant. She was slow to replace emptied items. The waffle syrup was out the 35 minutes I was there and I finally asked for biscuits. She brought out one. For me. And it was ice cold. I asked if I could microwave it and she took me back to her area and let me wave it but she wasn't very friendly about it. There was eggs but the bacon was out. Bacon finally brought out but now no eggs. Just a little slow for the amount of people that were trying to get their breakfast. I will stay again. But I will call first to make sure the hot tub is functional!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business