Before I begin, I agree with a previous reviewer "westoverroad" on all things about inside of the room itself.
I have been staying there for 10 days nows and would like to add my below thoughts -
1. They have separate buildings for smoking and non-smoking rooms.
2. Front office staff is very cordial and caring. They assured me that, they will never remove our belongings for 24 hours (or something) unless we check out (or extend).
3. There is a security patrol at night, and the place is very safe, quiet and well lit. I saw couple of families with young kid living here.
4. Towels are clean and fresh. No smoke smell or stains.
5. Kitchen came with clean - cutting board, vessels, silver ware, dish drainer, kitchen towels, plates and bowls.
6. Kitchen has coffee maker, toaster, microwave, fridge and a small sink. There is a neat breakfast nook, which can be used for office work and reading too.
7. There is a love seat, lots of storage, ironing board and iron.
8. Very close to restaurants and other stores.
9. Reasonable laundry room.
If you're noise sensitive, you may want to choose your rooms carefully as this place sits right next to 290 fwy.
Things needing improvement -
1. Bed linen smelt musty and felt ragged.
2. Pillows were too soft and old.
3. Wifi connection is very slow.
I used to stay at a nearby InnTown Suites and that place sucked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studio 6 Houston Northwest is located off US 290. Sam Houston Race Park, Traders Village, Jersey Meadow Golf Course and several malls are within 10 miles. We offer Wi-Fi in all modern guest rooms for $4.95 per stay and picnic area with grills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Studio 6 Houston Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.