“Visiting Family”

Best Western Plus Northwest Inn & Suites
Ranked #176 of 511 Hotels in Houston
“Visiting Family”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Chose Best Western Plus because it was 2 miles from family I was visiting and the rates were reasonable compared to nearby hotels. The surprise was the quality of the property and pleasantness of the staff. Was my first stay in a Best Western Plus, but will not be my last.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times, especially when I need to have some "me" time. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quite roomy. I have never had a problem with any room. The cable has over a hundred channels and the sleeping experience is wonderful, as the bed is just right and the pillows are just right as well. It's a good location, where I feel safe. Staff is friendly and parking is good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
austin, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stay here several times a year (to visit friends and keep appointments in Houston) due to its location and good value for the money. However, this time, we experienced decreased caretaking of the property and a very smoky hall most of the time. The rooms are still better than average and staff is helpful and courteous but the amount of smoke was enough to make me look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Stephenville, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice newer hotel kept really well, the rooms were clean and nice, only complaint was the pillows, they were dreadful, must have come from "lumps are us", for this price you'd expect better quality. Shame it spoilt a good stay.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Average Hotel....have stayed at previously..would stay again...location driven...need healther options on breakfast foods...better quality coffee....bathroom amenities problem on this trip, but have not been on other stays at this location

McAllen, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When I made the reservation I was given a disounted rate of 109.00 per day. When we arrived, the TV in the room did not work and had to be moved to another room late at night. The TV in the other room would unexpectedly stop working as if it did not have enough cable signal. The front desk receptionist initally quoted me a 10.00 discount for our inconvenience, but was acutally disounted $9.00. The daily rate was now 100.00. The night before departure, I went down stairs to turn in the Tax State exemption form and to confirm our daily rate and the receptionist quoted me a different price. A price of $90.00 per day. The day of the departure, I was billed a total of $360.00 for 4 nights. The day after my stay I looked at my account and noticed that the 360.00 had been credited and a charge of $483.00 was billed. I called and spoke to management and he said that the receptionist had made a mistake and took it upon themselves to fix the problem without giving me any notice of the change. When I questioned him about why I was not notified of the change he could not give me an answer. All he kept saying was that I was discounted $20.00. I am so disappointed with the way they handled the situation. I feel that if I was charged a price they should have respected it and delt with it another way. Proper training of the receptionist at the front desk could have been one way. How unprofessional of them to go back and charge me full price without notifiying me and making it out be as if it was my fault. With this being said, I will no longer do business with Best Western Plus on Northwest in Houston.

1 Thank Belinda E
Independence, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very good room for the price and overall experience was good. When I travel I like to stay at hotels where I have ceiling fans in the room. They help me with getting a more restful night sleep, along with a comfortable mattress and pillows. The room was clean, size was really good, and overall was very pleased with the price I paid.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Northwest
Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow
Best Western Plus Sam Houston Inn & Suites
Best Western Deer Park Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow

Been to Best Western Plus Northwest Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!