“Don't believe everything you read.”

Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center
Ranked #335 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Granbury, TX
“Don't believe everything you read.”
Reviewed 21 January 2010

My Girlfriend is being treated at MD Anderson so we've spent more than a few nights at the CareFree Inn in Houston. While it's not to be compared to the Hilton, we found it to be clean, comfortable and a staff more than willing to make ones stay pleasant.
It is a older Motel that is being restored. There's plenty of free parking. The rooms we've stayed in have been clean. The Motel offers a free Shuttle service to and from the Hospital and is located close to many Restaurants, as well as Reliance Stadium.. Plus the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank evanslmtd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
texas
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Dirty,no running hot water at sink/shower.Only cold water side worked.One dirty towel & others so OLD & scratchy. No shampoo & teeny tiny soaps.No blanket on bed or in room, paper thin sheets.No cups to drink coffee from coffee maker.No alarm clock.Dirty toilet seat.Only 6 kleenex.Tv would turn off every half hour & then go back on after appx.3minutes.All evening long!
Phone but no cord to plug it in so it would work,what about the wake up call without a working phone??.This was a horrible experience.Never again.Will tell others about this place.DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank juljenki
NE Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2008

This place was very nasty, not just dirty but really nasty.
Went here because of tests and treatment at the medical center.
Thought it was close to center and the pictures of it looked ok.
Not all that close and the pictures lied.
Linens dirty, room stank, feces on bathroom wall, hairs on toilet seat, sink had wads of something dried in it....not one thing was good at this place except the shuttle service.

• Liked — shuttle service
  • Disliked — dirty linens
  • Stayed January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ROSENETexas
Carefreeinn, Manager at Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2008
I would like to shed a more positive light on CareFree Inn at the Medical Center. We have made very successful accomplishments in the areas of improvement and renovation of our hotel over the past 1 1/2 to 2 months. We have also made significant monetary investments to improve the quality of our hotel in an effort to bring a higher level of excellence to the services we provide everyday. I would like to share some of those improvements with you.
The majority of our rooms have already been renovated: Freshly painted and decorated, with new furniture and beds, and increases in room sizes are only a few of the improvements we've made. Microwaves, refrigerators, personal hairdryers and coffee makers have been added to all the rooms that are now strictly reserved (which is every downstairs unit on our property) for our guests that frequent the Medical Center hospitals. We have also, with the exception of three rooms located upstairs at the back of our property, made each of our rooms non-smoking, as well as replaced the carpeting in some of our rooms with wood flooring; because we found out that certain cancer patients cannot tolerate either of those types of environments. We have also since that time replaced our entire housekeeping staff with new individuals that we feel are more qualified for the task. Our security system has also been upgraded; with thousands of dollars going into the installation of 24 hour camera surveillance of the entire length of our property. Our goal is to make CareFree Inn a relaxing, pleasant, and safe environment for all who entrust their lodging needs to us for whatever reasons; be it medical visits or leisure vacations. We receive lots of positive feedback everyday from new and return guests who can visibly see the upgrades we have made, and they are just as encouraged about them as we are. We sincerely welcome any and every style of comment or suggestion received from our guests; it helps to give us an idea of the areas which need improvement. We believe that our willingness to resolve matters such as these, without hesitation, shows how much we care; and we work diligently to ensure that all experiences here at CareFree Inn are wonderful ones.

Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2007

I was in town for Medical Examinations I needed at MD Anderson, traveled approximately 300+ miles. I checked in to the motel and I had the worst experience I've ever had. The motel is located on the bad side of town. I checked the room after I had registered and noticed that the door was not properly secure, I had a difficult time getting the lights on and the furniture was very outdated. I returned to the office not touching anything but the light switch and the door knob. I requested a refund as I didn't feel safe staying there. I was denied my request. I was told the manager was out of the country and their policy was strictly no refunds. I left the motel and got a room elsewhere. I contacted the manager-owner a week later, and the manager was very rude. She stated that it was my problem that I didn't feel safe and not hers. Said she would not give me a refund. Tried to explain to her that I was there for Medical reasons and that I had just gone in the room for about a minute. Manager insisted that that was my problem.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Location and Outdated Rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — The price for this motel is comprable to a 3 star hotel around the area
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple