“Awsome getaway!!!! :-)”

Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center
Ranked #334 of 508 Hotels in Houston
“Awsome getaway!!!! :-)”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Different place with charming and caring people. It Is the perfect place to go when you just want to get away. I stayed here multiple occasions. It has the MOST friendly staff I have ever met. They care about their guest and cater to them. They always lend a hand when they can and really become a part of your FAMILY.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
san antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I chose this motel mainly for its reasonable price and free shuttle to the medical center. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice, very clean place with folks who remember you from the minute you walk in. Sure it had no frills and few amenities, but all I wanted was a clean bed and shower and this definitely has it. Also provided a fridge, microwave and TV with a continental breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I need a hotel room in that area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I stayed here for almost a week, and I can't say enough great things about the staff. They ensured I got to the hospital on time everyday, and called me just to make sure I had a ride home and that I made it back to the hotel ok. Such a great thing when traveling by myself (and when traveling on a budget). Completely exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank et813
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2011

This place is pretty good. What makes it the best is the employees there. They will go out of their way to help you in whatever way necessary. Supposedly the hotel was built in the 40s or 50s and it's been renovated in the past year or two. I'd say that they've done a pretty good job renovating.

Most people staying at this hotel are people who are going to the nearby cancer center and they usually stay for multiple days. Since my wife and I had to stay at this place for multiple days, being able to use the kitchen improved the stay so much. The design and decor of the kitchen makes you feel at home. There are nice dishes, utensils, pots, and pans that you can use in the kitchen. Being able to make your own food in their kitchen makes the stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe30196
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The air conditioner in the original room we got seemed have some problem. After changed to another room, it is very nice! But, there is a problem: the signal of WiFi is too weak, you have to go to the office to use internet.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mkyccl
Ingleside, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We have stayed a few times at Carefree Inn when we see our grandson who is at Texas Children's Hospital. The shuttle saved a lot of stress driving to hospital with all the construction and closed streets. We feel like we are coming to our home, everyone is so friendly and welcome us on each visit. I look forward to the next trip to Houston to see my grandson and our friends at Carefree Inn.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank njimenez_2000
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2011

This was my fourth stay at Carefree as I commute to MD Anderson Cancer Center to monitor my continuing remission. The folks at Carefree work very hard and lean over backward to take care of their guests. The place is older but has enjoyed an extensive remodeling, and includes a courtesy van to the medical centers and airports. The place is always spotless; one call to the front desk and any problems one might encounter are immediately rectified. Ask for the south side, away from the interstate; There is much less traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank demono46
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Candlewood Suites Houston Medical Center
Palace Inn Medical Center
Palace Inn Medical Center
#294 of 508 in Houston
Motel 6 Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston SW-Medical Ctr Area
Quality Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Medical Center
Scottish Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Six Flags

Been to Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center

Property: Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center
Address: 10015 Main St, 610 S. Loop and South Main, Houston, TX 77025-5209 (Formerly Carefree Inn Medical Center)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #334 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center 2*
Houston Medical Center Lodging.CareFree Inn is the best kept secret in Houston, TX. Our staff and service is top of the line and we offer comfortable and affordable accommodations. Our hotel is uniquely designed to embody an exotic place with a magical concept that represents the State of Texas. CareFree Inn is one of the leading hotels near Reliant Stadium and offers a family rate, group booking rate, government rate, Corp rate, student rate, AAA rate, AARP rate and TMC Texas Medical Center rate.Medical Patient Rate Hotels.When seeking accommodations near the Houston Medical Center, CareFree Inn provides recovering guests with a number of valuable amenities and services not found at many hotels. In addition to comfortable accommodations featuring a full continental breakfast, our guests will find they have access to a number of shopping and recreational opportunities. CareFree Inn is central to Reliant Stadium, shopping, dining and entertainment in Houston, TX.Houston Medical Center Lodging.Whether traveling to Houston, TX for business, medical treatment or vacation, CareFree Inn offers a friendly team of employees who make certain our guests have an enjoyable visit. As one of the leading Houston Medical Center hotels, our pledge is to provide customers with comfortable and affordable lodging. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Carefree Inn Houston Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Carefree Inn Medical Hotel Houston