“Good food, but they should advice is that spicy...”
Review of Pondicheri Cafe

Pondicheri Cafe
Ranked #266 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Good food, but they should advice is that spicy...”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great casual place for lunch or dinner, with nice decoration. The food is great, but as I mentioned, I didn't expected that is so spicy. I had a hard digestion after eating my chicken. But knowing that, I could try something less spicy next time (if there is anything on the menu). I think they can improve attention: we need to ask them twice to have our table clean. That is another point that lower the rate from 5 to 4. There were plenty of indian-oriental people, so I guess this is an indicator that is kind of authentic indian food. A good point: it is really cheap!

• Visited September 2013

• Slovak first
New York, NY
“Sensory Delight!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Not only is PondiCheri in a beautifully, and well-thought out space, but the food is prepared perfectly using only the finest spices from India.

Every detail from the huge iron door, to the wall if inspiring quotes, to the decision light bulbs, to the fresh juices and exquisite food on silver trays has been carefully taken into consideration.

I had the traditional brunch and was blown away. Even the custom condiments like the "gunpowder" & "catsup" have been perfected.

If you want to taste a healthy, clean and delicious piece of heaven...this is the place. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the ambiance, service and food inconsistant”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was so excited when Pondicheri opened, because I love their sister restaurant Indika. I have been to Pondicheri many times, and most of the time is amazing. However, there have been a few times where we had bad service, or not so great of food. Sometimes the lamb mint burger, which is my favorite, is not cooked very well. Also, some days are spicier than others. Watch out too for Meatless Mondays, as you won't be able to get any dishes with meat.

However, Pondicheri is very fun and makes a great impression on visitors from out of town. It's location and decor is very fun and hip, and its food is interesting and exotic. My favorite though might be their cookie lab - amazing really unique cookies!

• Visited August 2013
“Modern Indian”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Beautiful restaurant & good service. Fresh & clean food & definitely Indian inspired. But it's not you're traditional gooey buttery Indian Food. It's very hipster & cool tho. I love it...

Visited August 2013
Vallejo, California
“Unique Brunch Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went with two friends of mine when visiting Houston in July. We arrived at 11:00am on a Saturday and the place was packed. We ordered our brunch at the counter and found a table next to the kitchen to eat.

The food came quickly and my eggs with curry and mustard greens were delicious. The eggs were cooked just right and the combination of curry and mustard greens was yummy. The meal came with nan bread which tasted deliciously home made.

My friend ordered one of the blueberry pastries at the front counter which was delicious and paired well with the Indian fare.

I would recommend this to friends who want a different kind of brunch experience with delicious, healthy food.

• Visited July 2013