“False Promises”

Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
Ranked #18 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked this hotel based on free parking and a breakfast voucher. When I checked in neither was found.
The hotel itself was clean and newly renovated.
We were attending a very elegant wine dinner-the wines were amazing but the food was mediocre which was probably due to a huge function they were more concerned about that was going on at the same time.

Room Tip: Be very careful when booking on Get a Room.com as you may not always get what was promised.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear queenbdc,

I would like to thank you for giving us your honest feedback, this means a lot to our hotel as we are able to grow from it. I’m sorry to hear that you were promised breakfast and parking and weren’t able to receive those amenities. I will definitely be checking into this for you so that we can prevent this from happening again. I hope that you will give us another chance to really amaze you. Please contact our Front Office Manager, Arvin Missick before making reservations anywhere else, or with us. We would love to have you back.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was very nice. The area was great and within walking distance to many stores and food places. Our hotel room was clean and up to date. Nice television and friendly staff! the parking was great and all. I was annoyed with the fact that I wanted to get wings and they were only served at the bar which closes fairly early. I went to the front desk and asked can I order wings with the front desk thinking that all kitchens would be the same. I was told I can and then received a call to my room saying that I could only order off the overnight menu which wasn't that great of menu. I went to bed hungry but overall it was a great stay Very cute and modern as well. I would recommend this place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Rena E,

We are so thrilled that you were able to take time out of your schedule to leave such wonderful feedback. I’m very happy to hear that you liked not only your rooms, but you were able to experience our wonderful staff as well. We worked really hard on this renovation and it’s nice to know that it didn’t go unappreciated. I’m sorry to hear that you were not able to order what you specifically wanted and I will definitely look into this so that we can prevent any future issues such as this one. We hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The entire hotel service was outstanding, especially the front Desk. We went for Valentines Day and Sergio gave us the outmost excellent, attentive service. He even gave us advice on romantic and beautiful places nearby. Thanks Sergio

Dear gzz_moni,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the level of service received during your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for something so special for you, it is truly an honor. Sergio is an amazing front desk agent and we are so grateful to have him apart of our team. We hope that you are able to come back and visit us so that we can give you another memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My stay at Royal Sonesta was great! I booked the Romance package and it was everything that I wanted and more. Sergio at the front desk was great. The rooms were a little on the small side but very relaxing. I would book again and again. We ate dinner at Ara and the food was as good as our stay there. The wait was a little on the long side but it was Valentine's Day. Great place to be wonderful view of the city and walking distance to the Galleria.

Dear Taleshia E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your last stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Houston. Sergio is one of our best and we are thrilled that he made you feel like you were at home. We all strive to make our guests feel like they are a part of the Sonesta family. I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful valentines, and thank you for making our hotel your choice for something so special. We cannot wait for you to come visit us again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta Houston and the staff did an outstanding job on making sure our time was perfect. Sergio from the check in desk deserves the Employee of the Year.
Clean rooms, Comfortable beds, and Great Location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear artegaasis,

I would like to first thank you for leaving such great feedback. I am thrilled that you got the opportunity to experience one of our best employees, Sergio. He will be ecstatic to hear that he was able to really wow another one of our guests. We definitely are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Self parking was $16/day and it is located right next to 610. Checking in was simple and the staff was friendly. The decor was tasteful and modern. We ordered room service dining and usually they are hit or miss but the food here was great. We stayed here on Valentine's Day and no surprise, the kitchen was pretty busy and it came 40 minutes later. No hard feelings as it was completely understandable being a holiday and all and it was worth it for the delicious food. Big thumbs up to the food quality.

I enjoyed everything about the hotel however a major minus is that it was extremely noisy and the walls paper thin. Nevermind that the traffic from 610 is still very audible from the 7th floor (traffic noises didn't bother me too much) but I heard every hum, squeak, and bang coming from the other side of the wall and from the ceiling. I am pretty easy going and a good sleeper but the random noises made for a restless night. Because of this, I don't think we would stay here again. If you decide to stay here, bring ear plugs.

Dear Black_bear_69

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback as we greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you were welcomed by our great staff and experienced our amazing food. I’m sorry to hear that the noise was disturbing to you and would love to have the opportunity to make that up to you. We are aware that the highway can be a little loud at times but would be more than happy to place you on a higher floor upon request. We hope that you will give us another chance to give you a superb experience. If interested, please contact our front office manager Arvin Missick before making your reservation at (713) 627-7600 Ext 2809

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Yet again, my wife and I enjoyed our stay immensely. Must be good....our home is only two blocks away! The professional service, attention to little details, and amenities package continue to enliven our Romance after 25 years of marriage. Cannot imagine a more romantic interlude, a welcome interruption to the busy-ness of Houston life.
Kudos to the manager, Mr. Arvin Missick, for assembling such a fine staff!

Room Tip: The executive rooms with the private lounge for happy hour and luxury breakfast is great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Bill K,

We really appreciate your kind words about our hotel, it means a lot to us as we are able to grow with feedback. I’m happy you were able to share this experience with your wife, someone special. Arvin has done an amazing job at putting together our wonderful and caring staff. We can’t wait to give you another grand experience during your next stay with us.