“Business trip”

Ranked #14 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Business trip”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My experience was excellent. Everyone was polite and helpful. The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are exceptional. I have stayed twice this year and look forward to future visits. There is a fee for parking and valet, both seem a little high but the room made me forget any complaint I may have had.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear kickinchicken2,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We as a team are extremely happy that you were able to enjoy yourself. We are excited for your next visit with us as well and cannot wait to welcome you with open arms.

Monte Hansen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I frequent this property and had another 5 Star Weekend.... The entire hotel service was outstanding, especially the front Desk. There are a few beautiful luxury hotels in the Houston, Galleria. The Royal Sonesta is one at the top of my list.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Ted F,

We here at the Royal Sonesta would like to thank you so much for leaving your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and with our staff. We strive to exceed guest expectations so this lets us know that we are continuing to step in the right direction. We anxiously await your next visit with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked this hotel based on free parking and a breakfast voucher. When I checked in neither was found.
The hotel itself was clean and newly renovated.
We were attending a very elegant wine dinner-the wines were amazing but the food was mediocre which was probably due to a huge function they were more concerned about that was going on at the same time.

Room Tip: Be very careful when booking on Get a Room.com as you may not always get what was promised.
Dear queenbdc,

I would like to thank you for giving us your honest feedback, this means a lot to our hotel as we are able to grow from it. I’m sorry to hear that you were promised breakfast and parking and weren’t able to receive those amenities. I will definitely be checking into this for you so that we can prevent this from happening again. I hope that you will give us another chance to really amaze you. Please contact our Front Office Manager, Arvin Missick before making reservations anywhere else, or with us. We would love to have you back.

Lumberton, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was very nice. The area was great and within walking distance to many stores and food places. Our hotel room was clean and up to date. Nice television and friendly staff! the parking was great and all. I was annoyed with the fact that I wanted to get wings and they were only served at the bar which closes fairly early. I went to the front desk and asked can I order wings with the front desk thinking that all kitchens would be the same. I was told I can and then received a call to my room saying that I could only order off the overnight menu which wasn't that great of menu. I went to bed hungry but overall it was a great stay Very cute and modern as well. I would recommend this place

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Monte H, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Rena E,

We are so thrilled that you were able to take time out of your schedule to leave such wonderful feedback. I’m very happy to hear that you liked not only your rooms, but you were able to experience our wonderful staff as well. We worked really hard on this renovation and it’s nice to know that it didn’t go unappreciated. I’m sorry to hear that you were not able to order what you specifically wanted and I will definitely look into this so that we can prevent any future issues such as this one. We hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The entire hotel service was outstanding, especially the front Desk. We went for Valentines Day and Sergio gave us the outmost excellent, attentive service. He even gave us advice on romantic and beautiful places nearby. Thanks Sergio

Dear gzz_moni,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the level of service received during your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for something so special for you, it is truly an honor. Sergio is an amazing front desk agent and we are so grateful to have him apart of our team. We hope that you are able to come back and visit us so that we can give you another memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My stay at Royal Sonesta was great! I booked the Romance package and it was everything that I wanted and more. Sergio at the front desk was great. The rooms were a little on the small side but very relaxing. I would book again and again. We ate dinner at Ara and the food was as good as our stay there. The wait was a little on the long side but it was Valentine's Day. Great place to be wonderful view of the city and walking distance to the Galleria.

Dear Taleshia E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your last stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Houston. Sergio is one of our best and we are thrilled that he made you feel like you were at home. We all strive to make our guests feel like they are a part of the Sonesta family. I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful valentines, and thank you for making our hotel your choice for something so special. We cannot wait for you to come visit us again.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta Houston and the staff did an outstanding job on making sure our time was perfect. Sergio from the check in desk deserves the Employee of the Year.
Clean rooms, Comfortable beds, and Great Location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear artegaasis,

I would like to first thank you for leaving such great feedback. I am thrilled that you got the opportunity to experience one of our best employees, Sergio. He will be ecstatic to hear that he was able to really wow another one of our guests. We definitely are looking forward to your next stay with us.