“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #17 of 517 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice sophisticated hotel with great location near the major shopping center. Room appeared to be clean and was nice and quiet. All the extra amenities like safe, fridge, lotion, soap, etc was a nice added touch. Did not have much interaction with the staff so cannot comment on that but at check in the person was very nice and professional. The only real downside was probably the fee for parking but really can't complain since my stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Zeta2014,

I would like to thank you for critiquing our hotel with your honest and much valued feedback. I am excited to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the nice amenities that we have to offer here at The Royal Sonesta. I really hope that you get the chance to visit us again as we truly enjoyed your stay.

Jeff Fuller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my second time staying with the Royal Sonesta in Houston and this time it was with my whole family. We stayed in adjoining rooms, one being a king and the other 2 queens. A few minutes after checking in we were greeted at our room with a surprise of a complimentary Voss water and wrapped treat which was very nice. The layout of the two rooms was perfect for having our two little kids with us and both rooms were nice and spacious. The hotel it'self is very pretty and the ribbon-like glass chandelier in the lobby is stunning!
My husband took in a few drinks at the bar which he thought was well managed and clean and the kiddos and I grabbed a few snacks from the coffee shop area which were great. We were originally on the 12th floor of the hotel which had a wonderful view, but unfortunately the adjoining room were were to have ended up having a leak so we were moved to the 4th floor were the view was a little lacking. However, besides the view, the rooms were wonderful and served our family very well. Both times I've stayed at the Royal Sonesta the staff has been very nice and more then willing to help with bags, directions and even my kids when I've been traveling alone with them. All in all, a great stay and I look forward to visiting the Royal Sonesta again on our next visit to Houston!

Room Tip: Self Parking is not complimentary but costs about $22 per night and the only place to park a vehicle...
Dear Rachel Y,

I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experience during your last stay with the Royal Sonesta as it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to return and stay with us again as we love our loyal guests. You being able to enjoy the comfort of your rooms brings music to my ears because we truly worked hard during renovation to make sure each and every one of our guests would be completely pleased with all of the new accommodations. We are definitely looking forward to your return.

Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Royal Sonesta. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel was lovely, the rooms were well appointed and meticulously clean and the bedding was very comfortable. The Poggesi amenities were a nice touch. In addition to the restaurant there is a nice coffee shop with fresh bakery items, fruit, various beverages, and small miscellaneous items that a traveler might be in need of. Valet parking is available, as well as an attached parking garage for $19 per night. The parking garage is very safe and secure and the attendants are very friendly and helpful.

Dear Weartraveler416,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the level of service during your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities that we provide for you all to let you know that we get the little things that matter and we love to provide beautiful finishing touches. I really hope that we get another chance to welcome you here with open arms at The Royal Sonesta.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I checked in on July 11, 2014 and checked out on the July 13, 2014. First, the hotel charged me $19.00 a night to self park, whereas it was posted on my groupon as $16.00 a night to self park and posted on their hotel website. Next, I paid for a Deluxe Double for two nights which included a $30 a day food/beverage voucher. They did not honor the credit and did not credit $60 to my bill. The hotel is beautiful and the staff were friendly but not accommodating to correct their error. I was told they were sorry for the parking fee increase but Royal Sonesta had contracted a new parking company with new fees. I told them that was not professional, not good business practices, and they should honor what is written on the groupon and posted on their website. Plus, I had to go to the 15th floor to get ice because the ice maker on the 14th floor where I was, did not work. It was my first stay at their property and probably my last. I'll stick with Hilton properties! The Hilton always provides a great hotel experience, honor their hotel policies, and correct errors quickly.

Dear Kimberly W,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave your much valued feedback. We use this as a tool to learn and grow so each and every one of our guests experiences are much appreciated. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had to experience while here at the Royal Sonesta as these are not typical issues that we encounter. Our parking has been updated to $19 per night and I would be more than happy to take care of this for you due to the miscommunication if this issue has not yet been resolved. I would love to speak with you about any other issues you may have encountered during your stay with us and would love for us to be able to have another opportunity to show you what the Royal Sonesta is truly about. Please contact me upon any possible future reservations at jfuller@sonesta.com

Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Sonesta after getting a fair deal through Hot Wire. I should have known there would be problems when I called and they told me the hot tube by the pool was not working. When we got ready to leave for my niece's Christening. The water was not working in the hotel. We could not bathe to get ready for the Church and party. We had to check out early to get to a family members home to shower. I spoke with Janet Pena at check out and she was rude and told me we could not be compensated because we went through a 3rd party to make the reservations. It was a disaster. Construction was going on in the Hotel. Big huge pieces of equipment where in the lobby. Traffic by the hotel was awful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Nadine V,

I would like to first and foremost thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave your much valued feedback, as this is a great tool to help us learn and grow. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you had to experience while at our hotel as these are not typical issues for the Royal Sonesta. Unfortunately, there was a water outage in the city surrounding our area that led to the cause of these mishaps. We would love to have you back with us so that we can show you what the Royal Sonesta is truly about. Please contact me upon any possible future reservations at jfuller@sonesta.com.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our families first stay at the Royal Sonesta during our recent visit to Houston. It is perfectly located right near the Galleria (check out our pictures). The hotel is simply elegant and perfect for a relaxing weekend and some shopping. I would say this hotel is definitely a good choice for the business traveler with its business center and it sits next door to major businesses. We had lunch at Launch Lounge and the staff was so friendly and accommodating.

We even made some new friends in the lobby area. The kids felt at home and comfortable. It was just a beautiful and amazing experience. And the view from the 10th floor gives you a birds eye view of most places you may want to visit in the area.

Room Tip: Great view of the area from the higher floors. We were on the 10th floor.
Dear Shonda G,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about our hotel as it is great appreciated. I am beyond pleased to hear that this was your first experience with the Royal Sonesta and we were able to assist in you enjoying your time in Houston. We truly hope that we will have another opportunity to have you stay with us as we all enjoyed your company.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I make it a point to stay in this hotel every time I travel to Houston, TX. It's relaxing and the location is right in the middle of all the perfect places to eat and shop. Customer service was excellent. Jennifer S. in reservation did an awesome job at answering all of my questions and concerns. If you're looking for a place that makes you feel at home then this is the place to be!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear naysamone,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave such great feedback about our hotel. It is so refreshing to hear that you have found somewhere that you can call your home away from home. Our staff truly enjoys what they do and it was everyone’s pleasure to help with whatever needs you may have had during your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Jeffrey Fuller