“Excellent -” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

What a surprise! I was in Houston on a business trip - After work I usually don't like to venture out to find a place to eat. The Royal Sonesta knocked it out of the ball park the food was fantastic! The atmosphere - modern. The beds are comfortable with great night lighting that came on when you get up during the middle of the nite. I wish every hotel would take note on what the Royal Sonesta has done- The Royal Sonesta is my new Favorite hotel in Houston. Do I need to add that I'm picky!

Cleanliness
1 Thank Penny77Travels
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Penny77Travels,

I would like to first say thank you for leaving such a marvelous review, we are very appreciative. I am so elated to hear that you were able to enjoy our delicious food. Our chef is truly one of a kind. It gives me great pleasure to hear about your wonderful experience here at the Royal Sonesta. Each and every one of our amenities took great time and effort so that we could make sure each and every one of our guests are completely satisfied upon checking out. Our goal is to add value to the lives of whom we interact with and it is an indescribable feeling to know that we did just that. We really hope that you have an opportunity to come visit with us again, it was our pleasure having you here.

Jeff Fuller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

The Royal Sonata was recently refurnished and is is now is now one of the nicer hotels in the Galleria. I have stayed at the Hilton Post Oak a lot, as well as others, but I would now say the RS is nicer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank funsunandsport
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback about our hotel as this is greatly appreciated. I am elated to hear that you will be staying with us as your hotel of choice and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

KLM put me in this hotel after a cancelled flight. A bar with a buzz which doesn't happen very often in a hotel bar. I found the reception staff were particularly helpful. Not sure of the surroundings as I was only stayed one night

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Cuskie,

We as a hotel would like to say thank you for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We love our newly renovated bar and so does the surrounding area. This is a fantastic place to mingle with nice refreshments. I am thrilled to hear that out staff was helpful and it was our pleasure having you here. We hope you will have the chance to visit with us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was there for a baseball convention. If you are driving, then you should have no problems. In fact, you could rate the hotel experience a 5. But many of us came straight from the airport. It's about $25.00 per person one way to and from the airport using the shuttle. There are 2 airports, but the prices for the rides are only $2.00 difference. Unless you are used to walking in heat, its about a 1/2 mile to the galleria where you can enjoy a variety of dining and shopping experiences. The hotel itself was very nice. Staff was courteous. Rooms were clean. The dining was a bit steep as there was no competition. The only issue we had was that 2 out of the 4 elevators did not work Saturday evening into Sunday morning, so everyone from the convention checking out had a very difficult time getting an elevator.

Room Tip: My wife and I had a king bed and the room was spacious. It had a sectional sofa and chair. i'm...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Armen D,

I would like to say thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave such great feedback about our hotel. This is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you found the Super Shuttle to be beneficial to your traveling needs as we like to make sure all of our guests are accommodated to even if it it’s something that we do not necessarily provide. I am also thrilled to hear that you were able to experience our wonderful hospitality staff as well as your room and amenities. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators and reassure you that this issue has been resolved. We really hope to have you visit with us again.

Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and had an average experience one time and a pretty good experience the other time. Out of all the places I've stayed in the galleria this is one of the more comfortable and convenient hotels. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. However, there was some plumbing issues and everything my neighbor turned their water on my entire room would vibrate. They have a coffee shop in the lobby that is great for a morning cup of coffee. Although, I do wish there was an in room coffee maker.

Overall, pretty decent experience and I would recommend a stay here if a quiet and comfortable night stay is what you're needing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank atxtravelinman
Dear atxtravelinman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your much valued feedback. This is a great tool to help us learn and grow. I am elated to hear that we are one of the most convenient hotels for you here in the Galleria. We do actually offer the Keurig’s in each room for your coffee convenience so I apologize if there was not one available to you during your stay. It was our pleasure having you here and we really hope to see you again in the near future.

Carrollton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is downtown and solves the parking problem with it's own gated parking garage with an attendant. I negotiated the rate to only $99.00/ night with complimentary parking! Very nice lobby with a quick and friendly check in. The included WIFI was a bit slow but adequate for my needs. If faster speeds are needed upgrades are available for a fee. The bed was very comfortable and room had it's own thermostat to control the temp. Small fridge and safe are in the room. My wife liked some of the "extra touches" like the nice liquid soap, shampoo & conditioner dispensers attached to the inside wall of the shower instead of a little soap bar and tiny bottles of shampoo most places have. She pointed out high end lotions on the bathroom counter, nice big towels and bath robes hanging in the closet. The room was very clean and had a Kurig coffee maker with coffee for the morning. A nice feature that was different is one of the night stands had a motion activated light at it's base (floor level) so if you get up at night to use the restroom the light shined along the floor so you could see without disturbing your spouse.
There were three negatives of which the first two didn't affect us. The desk phone didn't work. The bathroom phone didn't work. Not a problem for us because the phone next to the bed did work and our cell phones worked. The third could have been a "disaster". My wife noticed immediately that the toilet paper roll was almost empty and there was no backup! Thankfully a call to housekeeping solved that problem in minutes. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Stokinoak,

I would like to start off by thanking you for leaving such amazing feedback about our hotel as we truly value your opinion. I am extremely delighted that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated hotel as well as our marvelous amenities. I’m happy to hear that you found our motion activated light quite impressive, we really wanted to give the room a special touch and thought this would be a special personal feature for our guests. I do apologize on the behalf of my staff and I for not proactively taking care of your needs and I reassure you that we will look into ways to prevent this from happening in the future. I am beyond excited that you will be back to visit us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you with open arms.

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We hadn't stayed in many hotels in Houston as we lived there for twenty years and didn't need lodging. As we returned for a brief visit on business I picked a hotel based on location, price, and appearance based on web site pictures. We were not there very long, but it was a great find, with friendly service, modern accommodations, great views of the downtown or Galleria skyline, and a great pool. The parking garage was roomy and close. The reception area was interesting and efficient. The bar seemed to be popular. Our room was wonderful and well maintained. I wish I had longer to explore the hotel, but we had to leave the next morning. It was convenient to everything; the Galleria, the Medical Center, Downtown, major highways. The price was exceptional and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Either direction is good. Ask for Galleria if you want that, but we wanted downtown. Upper floors ha...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Mark P,

Thank you so much for leaving your much valued feedback about our hotel as we use this as a tool to help us learn and grow. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy not only our hospitality and accommodations, but our amenities and public spaces as well. we truly worked hard during our recent renovation and it is beyond satisfying to know that our guests are enjoying it. Thank you again for your amazing critique and we cannot wait to have you stay with us again.