“Newly renovated hotel with ok beds but clean rooms”

Motel 6 Houston - Hobby TX
Ranked #399 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 July 2012

They just renovated and theres no bums hanging around which is nice because just on the other side of the highway there tends to be alot of people on foot at all times of the night. But the rooms were a very good size, the bed was somewhat comfortable, not completely unbearable for one night and a good price. It was quiet and clean so that was a perk. other then that not exciting , but not revolting , I have seen revolting and this hotel is not in that category!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The remodeled rooms at this location are really nice for a Motel 6. So just stay in your room and lock the door because the rest of the experience isn't great. The front desk clerk was completely overwhelmed and there was a line of people waiting for rooms to be cleaned so that we could check in. There is a strip joint next door and the hotel shuttle only runs 7 -11, so if you have an early flight like i did you need to call a cab. It's ok for an airport layover.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank keiraned
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We booked this hotel after reading recent reviews. We arrived late and I was immediately put off by the bullet-proof glass in the lobby. After a few minutes, I realized I wouldn't work there without it either. There was a party going on in the neighboring rooms and people were screaming and going from room to room slamming doors. The music was loud and they were definitely smoking something other than cigarettes. These weren't teenagers - they were all about 30 years old. We had arrived after midnight after driving for a few hours but there were lots of people going from room to room. I was so scared by the shady people going in and out that we almost left and slept in the airport. We turned the fan up to high and turned the tv on so that our son could go to sleep. i slept fully dressed so that if we needed to make a run for it, we could. The beds were nice and the sheets were clean. The tub was so gross that we put wash cloths in there to stand on. I sort of felt like I was in a old dorm that no one had cleaned.

The entire area around Hobby Airport is pretty shady. I would recommend spending a little more and staying in a higher end place. Sometimes you get lucky with a discount place - this wasn't one of them.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula W
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Motel 6's are usually all the same but this one was a little better. Its in a great location very close to Houston Hobby Airport and is near the highway also for easy access to anywhere you need to go. There are alot of places to eat around the area and gas stations are close by also.

Now, the motel itself was great. Really nice staff and a nice and clean building inside and out. Lots of well lit parking spaces in a huge, somewhat enclosed parking lot so it felt safe. There is a small pool outside that was closed at the time I was there (fall, out of season) but it was still clean and the area looked like a good place to lounge around in.

The room I got was HUGE! I got the standard king size bed and it looked like they had once used double beds in the room because I had so much extra space. Ive been to Motel 6's where it looks like they crammed a king size bed into a room the size of a large walk in closet (South Padre Island) so this was great. The room was spotless clean with fresh everything. Huge comfortable king size bed, wood flooring throughout, flatscreen tv, alarm clock radio with audio input for an mp3 player or phone, optional wifi, small desk and lounge area in one corner of the room, coat rack with hangers and a shelf near the door. Clean larger bathroom with curved shower curtain for more room while showering.

Overall a nice and big clean room that slept well for a cheap price. You cant beat Motel 6's prices anywhere.If they threw in free WiFi they would be untouchable.

Stay here if you need a place to crash while on business in Houston or the vicinity. The location is kind of middle ground to the area so i was able to visit downtown Houston, North Houston, over near NASA, and even Galveston during my stay.

2 thumbs up.

Room Tip: always request 2nd floor and on a corner. much quieter no matter what hotel chain you stay at.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank thecool272
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I spent two nights in this hotel, and was very pleased.

I travel for a living and stay in a hotel nearly every night, and have stayed in many Motel 6 locations. I usually despise Motel 6, but I must say that this particular Houston location was quite fantastic.

I had a large room with a flat King-sized bed and retro furnishings. It was comfortable and pleasant. There is a laundry facility at the hotel, and the bathrooms and guest rooms are well-designed.

I also want to mention the cleanliness of this hotel. Most Motel 6 locations are known for being a bit unclean... but this location, however, was very clean. The lobby area even SMELLED clean. I felt more sanitary in this Motel 6 than I do in a lot of nicer hotels.

The clientele and staff of the establishment seemed to be comprised mostly of minorities, but of course, there is nothing wrong with that!

Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms with the King beds are awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank singingsamaritan
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This Motel6 is very close to airport, shuttle was prompt, clean and nice sized room that had a micro/fridge. Staff was courteous and professional, and price was unbeatable! We felt safe walking in area during the day (convenience store, Taco Cabana, DQ within walking distance) but probably wouldn't have ventured out on foot at night. Our first stay in a room with laminate flooring, which was different! And remember, Motel6 has threadbare towels, no breakfast, and shampoo only available by request... i will take these penalties for the fabulous rate and proximity to Houston Hobby airport! =)

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Checked in and the alarm clock and table were broken and wireless Internet was not working in the room, which forced me to bring all my work into the hotel lobby to work from. The front desk didn't care about the issue and didn't offer me another room where the Internet was working (they had lots of vacancy and Internet was working in other rooms per front desk). Requested a taxi in the morning and they never called for one and didn't show interest in the a.m. when I needed one, which caused me to almost miss my flight. Tried to talk to the GM Devin Patel via e-mail and phone and left multiple messages with no phone call back. I finally got him on the phone and he tried to pretend he was someone else at first and he showed no interest in helping out and said he didn't have to do anything since they were a franchise so I could complain all I wanted but nothing would be done.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business