“Motel 6 near Houston Hobby Airport”

Motel 6 Houston - Hobby TX
Ranked #378 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Albuquerque, NM
“Motel 6 near Houston Hobby Airport”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I chose this Motel 6 purely on location and the fact that they had a shuttle to and from the airport. I was very pleased. Room was very clean. The girl at the counter was very helpful and informative. She had to come to our room twice to help me get the wifi going but she was pleasant each time. The shuttle in the morning was on time and got us back to the airport in a very timely manner.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I really had a subpar stay at the this Hotel. There was nothing available anywhere else. First off there no elevator, so do not get the 2nd floor as I did because I prefer the top level for noise purposes. Secondly the room was falling apart and the air conditioner was from the 80s or 90s at best and made noise all night long. 3rd and most importantly I was told by the front desk the day I checked in, the earliest the shuttle to the airport was at 6am. I had a 8:20 flight, the next morning the front desk told me the shuttle didn't leave until 7:00am and the driver was even late 15 minutes. I barley made my flight! I will never stay at a Motel 6 to save my life if this is the kind of service I am going to receive. Again you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Stay in the bottom floor, There is no elevator. Ask for a room closer to the lobby, the farther back...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Houston - Hobby TX, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here on the night of Nov. 3. The outside of the building and the surrounding areas looked a little sketchy but the inside looked nice enough. Staff was alright. Not too outgoing or overly friendly.

The room was itself was clean and I liked the set up and the furniture--- BUT there are no dressers or closets to store your clothing which could be an issue if you are staying more than a night or two. The bathroom however was disgusting. The tub was dirty and had stuff in it, the water pressure was nonexistent. We skipped showering and just decided to shower when we got home the next morning.

The furniture while looking modern or hip is actually pretty cheap quality...reminds me of a hostel aimed towards college kids. Nice tv though. NO ALARM CLOCKS IN THE ROOM. This annoyed me as I don't hear my phone alarm in the morning.

Wifi sucked. It's slow and drops in and out. Not worth the headache to try and use it.

Bed itself was comfortable but the pillows were tiny and not very supportive. Think tiny kid sized pillow and thin.

AC is not on when you get there, you have to turn it on. Takes a few minutes to cool the room down.

Deadbolt on door was broken. Didn't make me feel very safe.

Went to get breakfast before the cut off time and there was nothing out. That kinda sucked as I like to eat breakfast at my hotel to save money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxy D
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Houston - Hobby TX, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Roxy D - We apologize for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Houston August 28 & initially stayed at the Travelodge. Horrible hotel so I decided to move. I went online and saw Motel 6. I decided to book thru their actual website though because it was cheaper than the other websites. I had no issues at check in. The room was very clean and spacious. Plenty of parking. The staff was very professional. They have an airport shuttle. I stayed from August 30-September 4. There were no people just hanging out. It's right next to the freeway, tons of restaurants and shopping up the street. The pool was clean. Housekeeping came everyday and did a good job. They also have a laundry facility. I have absolutely no complaints. I totally enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank msj302010
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

It was hot, and the AC struggles a lot, especially on the 2nd level. Nice enough staff, very clean room. No tissues, which I thought was weird. It was okay. It's next to a strip club, and not a nice one. It was cheap, so meh.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ursahenna
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

These rooms were horrible..First we walked in and was greeted by a Roach on the light switch..I tried to overlook itbecause I was tired from being on the highway for several hours.. I had my brother smash it..Well we were ready to shower so we began unpacking and noticed there was nowhere to place our clothing..No dressers,no closets no anything..When we woke up for work at 4a.m. We had roaches on the wall,the headboard, the telephone and even one in the bed..I would not recommend letting my dog stay there let alone another person..

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank KandyGyrl
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Booked a month there for work. Large room, clean neat and spacious. Newly remodeled Art Deco style, new ice machine and things were being upgraded daily. I cut my stay short due to wiifii being unreliable, the manager showed to my room apologized and assured me it was fixed for good. I had already made a reservation at a different hotel due to the wiifii issue. If I was not so reliant on the service I would have stayed. I will be back and I found this a great place to stay.

Stayed October 2012