“Not even one star”

Ranked #343 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Not even one star”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This motel is to be avoided! There was black mold in the bathroom, the TV remote barely worked and the towel rack was falling off the wall. Were that the worst....One of the beds had the mattress turned spring side up and when we looked underneath - well we should not have. How the health department has not closed this place down is a mystery.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
kansas city, mo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I had to kill a roach immediately upon entering the room, So right out of the gate I was disgusted. No water pressure or hot water in sink, weird corner tub/shower with broken knob. Tv barely worked, I was all around displeased. I will avoid motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed at the Humble location the previous night. It felt like a motel and had an unexpected mini fridge and microwave... Which was a nice touch, but didn't affect my stay. When I stayed at this location, I was so surprised to be staying in a tiny dorm room like place. It felt like I wasn't there by choice. But, I just needed a bed and a shower, so it worked. I didn't feel very safe when I arrived and I couldn't believe that outside my door were two young black men arguing until 2am and telling a woman that she was either going to have to be okay with him making a "deal" or he could find her "work" that night. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My friend and I reserved a room here for three days.....we left after one day. The beds were as hard as rocks. It felt as if we were sleeping on boxsprings. The sheets and towels were also cheap and thin. I wasn't expecting much from a Motel 6 but I've stayed in better ones than this. On the bright side, we were issued a refund for the 2 remaining nights without an issue and the rooms didn't smell musty like most Motel 6s do.

• Stayed February 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 24 December 2012

If you truly don't care where you sleep and don't mind having huge critters as your BFF, then this is the place for you!! I wish I could say we only saw one cockroach, but then that would be a lie; we only saw five!! It was horrible-- when we complained to the attendant about why we were leaving at 3 in the morning, she told us that she couldn't accomodate us and had an attitude with it! I will never forget this place, simply because I will never return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed at this Motel 6 without checking any reviews first. When I first got to the hotel things seemed very uneasy - it looked like the majority of people there were up to no good. Even though I had bad feelings about some of the people I saw staying at this hotel, I checked in anyways and never paid my uneasy feelings much attention. The first night was good, no problems. The second night, on the other hand, was terrible. During broad daylight my car was broken into. I checked out early because of this for the sole reason that the break-in verified my uneasy feelings I had for this hotel. I wanted to get the he$% out before anything else bad happened. This Motel 6 is in a bad area, it don't look like one, but it is. If you own a nice car then STAY AWAY from this location at all cost. If you stay at this Motel 6, your car WILL get broken into.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Norman Bates runs this place. His alter ego is Batman with the onsite police officer playing Robin to his Batman.

I should have taken the advice of the taxi driver when he told me that everything from A to Z goes on here.

This haven of nefarious activity is not worth staying in if they paid you.

Anything and everything could happen to you here.

This area of town is not safe and should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed November 2010