“DON'T DO IT”

Motel 6 Houston NRG Park - Reliant Stadium
Ranked #410 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel is NOT in a decent part of town. First we had to pay for Wi-Fi, The freeway noise was heard all night. Thugs and homeless people walked back and forth being loud all night and it was a Tuesday. The rooms may be renovated and nicer, but it is not worth your safety. Unless your looking for drugs or prostitutes this is not a place for normal people.

Room Tip: Choose a different Motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jasoneric72

Reviewed 27 May 2013

They do not have adequate truck parking, we researched online before hand, if you bobtail you are fine. Rooms are clean, pet friendly. I rrecommend not going outside.we opted to order in because location is not great . The front desk has bullet proof glass, homeless, prostitution and whatever else is going on is all around. Stay here onlh if you have to.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I live in the Houston area and had to stay 2 nights at a hotel while moving into a new place. This hotel was the most conveniently located for the best price. I'm familiar with the area so the security concerns that other reviewers raised didn't bother me since I know the area well. However, even though I'm from the area I still felt unsafe here. There were homeless people loitering around the property and at night, there were lots of noises, sirens, and sounds of people talking. I kept checking my car to make sure that everything was okay.

The room itself was fine; comfortable beds, wood floors, shower with great water pressure, and linens/towels that were better than expected.

If the hotel could be moved to the other side of the interstate, it would be a world of difference.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEtravelerguy
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This Motel 6 is bad on so many levels. Usually Motel 6's are cheap and still nice places to stay; I have used them in quite a few states in US by now. I booked this Motel 6 in Houston for 12 days, and had already decided to move to another motel the next day. The first impression, as many other reviews have written here, is that the motel is increadibly noisy, being near a large highway. When checkin in, the clerk told me the internet was down and the pool was under reparation... Then going up to 3rd floor, I noticed the walls in the corridors looked like the walls of an underground bunker, not of a hotel! Then the room: Well, the room was probably the only positive thing. It was clean and large, although the floor didn't have carpet but solid "laminate" type covering, which is strange for a hotel, but OK. The bathroom was quite new and very clean. During the night, I could hear the neighbors speaking on the phone (I think); the walls do not seem to be that thick. During all the evening, there were two police in front of the building talking to a non-police person for hours. I have no idea what they were doing, but have police for hours in front of your hotel is never a good sign. One other good point though: The staff was friendly, and totally understood when I cancelled the rest of my stay. I know moved to the 'La Quinta Inns & Suites'. I'm writing this review from the 'La Quinta' hotel room, which b.t.w. has free (and working) wifi, and already I'm so happy to be here now! That being said, I still think most Motel 6's are OK, just not the 'Houston Reliant Park' one.

Room Tip: If at all, take a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jérôme K
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place is cheap for a reason. Had I known how disgusting this place was I would not have even booked and would have stayed elsewhere. It was loud and I had people loitering and yelling in front of my window at 6am!! Who does that??The peep hole had a napkin stuffed in it and there was a bullet hole in the ceiling above the sitting table in the room.I have never had such a restless and uncomfortable night in my life.I have no problem with the Motel 6 chain. I have stayed at numerous ones and have had great expeirences but this one was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had!!!

Room Tip: Choose a good room by staying elsewhere!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights here during the Houston Stock Show. HOLY CRAP! Two cars were stolen out of the parking lot, three were vandalized and we catch one idiot at 8:00am staring on the window of my truck gettting ready to break in!!

Oh and to top it off, the beds are terrible, the rooms stink, the walls are paper thin so here the snoring of the crack head in the room next to you, and the hotel staff is RUDE! Avoid this place like the PLAGUE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Chuck E
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were on the way to Galveston, on our motorcycle, when my husband became ill. We called a fellow Gold Wing rider who came to our rescue. I drove his car, with my husband, as passenger, and the good samaritan took us to the Reliant Park Motel 6. I was, extremely, apprehensive because we know nothing of Houston or the area. Our room was large, very clean, beds comfortable and a clean bathroom. We don't usually, stay in Motel 6's. We stay at motels that have the free breakfast so we can eat and go. But, there is a Shell quick pick right next door to get coffee in the morning and a Whataburger where I could walk to get a bite to eat. I would, definitely, recommend this Motel 6.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family