“Good Chinese at a good price”
Review of Hin's Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hin's Garden
Ranked #2,902 of 8,277 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Chinese at a good price”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Hin's is good Chinese food, and very much what you would expect. Not bad, not stellar, but good, average Chinese food if you don't want surprises. We got it as take out, and the wait was super short, they provided all the sauces and supplies that we would need, and the price was reasonable.

Visited May 2013

Houston
“Best Americanized Chinese Food”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This restaurant is hidden and not alot of people knows about it. It's the best americanized Chinese food I've had in Houston. I've searched for a long time and this is the only place that cooks with alot of flavor.

Lunch time is the best time to go. Dishes are between $5.75 - $7.75 and you get a soup, choice of fried or white rice, and egg rolls with your entrees.

Some of my favorite items:
*Chicken with Szechuan Sauce
*Shrimp Toast (YUM)
*Spare Ribs
*Hot Shredded Pork with Szechuan Sauce (tender not dry)
*Sliced Beef with Green Peppers

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Nice lunch spot”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I go here for the lunch specials often when I want Chinese food. Usually it's fast and good. It's a nicer place, no buffet, cloth napkins and with lunch specials which include an entree, rice, soup and a spring roll for $6-$8. Normally I order the Pork with Leeks, Pork with Garlic, or the Sweet and Sour Chicken. This last time I ordered the Orange Beef for the first time. I thought the pieces of beef were too big and tough. Hard to cut with the butter knife they provide. Also the service was kind of slow. We had a waiter I hadn't seen before, maybe that was why. At the end they present your check with some fresh slices of orange and the fortune cookies. None of my fortunes ever come true, LOL! But the orange is a nice way to cleanse the palate. Go early or late for lunch because parking here can be difficult.

• Visited January 2012