“Very good staff, hotel room itself needs some detailed tweaking”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Ranked #25 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
“Very good staff, hotel room itself needs some detailed tweaking”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After a very long day travelling, including a 10 hour flight, waiting almost 2 hours to pass the TSA security at IAH (Houston Airport) I arrived rather tired at the reception of this easy to find hotel. The staff behind the desk welcomed me in a very pleasant way.

Although the local time was 17:00, it was 24:00 for me, so I went straight to bed. The room on the sixth floor was clean, had enough space and was nicely decorated. As I said, I went straight to bed. And at that point I noticed the point of a potential improvement of this hotel. The traffic from guests in the hotel caused some noise, when somebody opened the room door and let it go close by itself, it closed with a big bang. Also the people having a chat before entering their room caused some noise. I have to say, this is something that is in most hotels an issue.
But anyway, if the hotel is doing refurbishing of the rooms, please consider to add an extra door to create an entrance hallway. So this hallway will have the door to exit, the door of the bathroom and the door to the bedroom part of the hotel room. In my opinion, this extra door can provide an extra isolation for the noise.
Further I can say that the hotel room was clean, the bed was very good and I did have internet with a reasonable performance. The bathroom was well equipped and had enough towels. I used the desk a lot to work on and the chair gave good comfort. Did I have any other items next to the noise ? Yes, I would like to have a safe in the hotel room. Although one can use a safe at the front desk in the lobby, I do prefer to have it in the room.
The breakfast was included for me and was very good. Also the staff at the breakfast was friendly and helpful. The really tried to let you feel at home.
The eveining before checking out, I received an e-mail from the hotel manager. I was asked if I was happy with the service and if I had a complaint, please contact him. That just gave an extra personal touch.

So to summarise, good hotel, with very good and friendly staff.
If they can manage to lower the noise level from the other guests and also provide a safe in the room, I am very very happy with this hotel.

If I need to be in this area of Houston again, I will ask to book this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pa3ddg
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to personally meet with me as well as share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is great and will be discussed with ownership to see if we can address your recommendations when it comes time for a renovation. I shared your comments with the team this morning and they were pleased to hear they impacted yet another guest experience. Much appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed here for a week on a business trip, Very quit & peaceful location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Has free Pickup and drop service within 5 Miles radius, which is very convenient, Have some good malls(Willow-brook Mall, Best Buy, ) and shopping places nearby.
Rooms were better then expected, huge bed, very comfortable, good bathroom, water pressure good in showers. Has all neutrigena products in bathroom.
Hotel has a good Swimming pool and Jacuzzi on aft and also a gym.
It has a restaurant which serves Break fast and Dinner, and a bar which is open all day.
Also has a very good Chinese restaurant close by, walk able distance.
Some good pubs in locality, Bakers Pub and Grill, Crazy frogs Etc, are some of good places to hangout.

Room Tip: If u like to get silent/quite rooms, choose South rooms on hotel, has a good swimming pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the praise. We are very proud of the hotel staff and location. We do offer exceptional amenities to our guests and having PF Changs and now Bonefish Grill in our complex just adds more conveniences for our guests. Appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience.
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My company booked my stay at the hotel and I am happy to say I had an amazing stay! The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in at any hotel or resort, and I am glad because I was there for 13 nights.The rooms are so well insulated that I never heard any noise from other rooms or the hall way. Breakfast is made to order and eveything was very delicious! Every staff member I can in contact with was friendly, helpful and always smiling. I will be back for a week tomorrow and I am looking forward to the same great service.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Our GSS (Guest Sleeper System) beds are exceptional as noted. The freshly prepared breakfast is an added value in the Northwest Houston area. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Business travel can become boring, inconvenient and irritating. Or, if you spend some time with John and Dan at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston Northwest, it can be like visiting a favorite aunt or grandmother with smiles from everyone you see, great service in the restaurant and good food at reasonable prices to boot. The week I spent with them was the best hotel experience I’ve had in years. They get the value of service and deliver it! Everyone greets you like a long lost relative and makes sure what you want is taken care of! All I can say is WOW! Chauncey, Minneapolis, MN

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Incredible feedback about your experience. Thank you for recognizing the teams efforts. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I've stayed at this hotel, plus all the others in the Northwest Housto area on business over the past serveral years. This includes the Marriott Courtyard, Townplace Suites, Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn.
The HGI Houston Northwest is the best by far because of the people that work there. Friendly, helpful and always smiling and laughing, these folks go the extra mile to make you forget you are away from home. Epecially Dan at the front desk and the entire team that runs the daily "breakfast ballet" in the restaurant. What a great group of people who go the extra mile to make sure you are well fed and ready to start off your day. If you are in the Northwest part of Houston, this is the best place by far.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for your loyalty! We strive ourselves on providing exceptional guest service and amenities and we appreciate you recognizing it. Dan is a tremendous asset to our team and the restaurant staff continues to shine as well. I have shared your review with the team and it brought smiles to all.

Thanks again,

Allan
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2012

A group of us stayed at this hotel last weekend to attend a wedding in the area. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great breakfast there one morning. There were 3 of us at our table and we kept him pretty busy, but Domingo Martinez Jr made our dining experience even more enjoyable with his great sense of humor and personality. I would definitely recommend this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing us and look forward to your return when back in the Houston area. Cheers!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were with a group at this Hilton for a fiends wedding. We had a great time, the hotel was great the rooms were nice clean. Was able to get in some pool time – pool area was large and comfortable. Really enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast we had the best waiter Domingo Martinez. He was so accommodating and took such great care of us and what a wonderful personality.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. Domingo continues to shine and is a valued member of the team- thank you for recognizing him.