“No coffee in the lobby, No free internet for extended stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Ranked #26 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Austin, United States
“No coffee in the lobby, No free internet for extended stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Craving my afternoon coffee, there was none in the lobby. I had to go to my room and make my own. Staying 2 nights, with only the first night with free internet. Other than that all went well. We watched deer along the edges of the parking lot in the evening. Daughter liked the pool and hot tub after a long day on the diamond.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything about this hotel is wonderful, the bed are so comfortable, the staff has always been so friendly,kid friendly, the restaurant is wonderful. The hotel is always clean. The shuttle is nice and the drivers are so sweet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bullard, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had an excellent experience at this hotel! Everything was clean and quiet. Even with all the sports teams in the hotel! The staff was on top of everything and loved the breakfast! Would dine at the restaurant even if we were not staying there! IT was AMAZING! Thanks to the staff for all the help when needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
WOW! Thank you for the kind words. We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations. Look forward to welcoming you back.
Houston, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm sorry I don't have the name of the person who helped me, but one of our party was required to go to the emergency room during our stay. As it turned out, she hadn't had anything to eat all day and requested some bananas. I asked the attendant at the front desk if she could provide any and she went away and came back with two bananas and two apples. I was very grateful for her helpfulness and the generous way she responded.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Except the pillows - no matter how much I squashed them and wrangled with them I could never mash them into a comfortable configuration. BUT BE THAT AS IT MAY - this is a beautiful, convenient, clean place with friendly, welcoming staff at an excellent price. They do not serve a free breakfast but that is not of any great importance to me. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Appreciate the feedback. We have new pillows on order and will be changing out the entire hotel by the end of July the latest. Unfortunately they are back ordered through our supplier. The team was proud to hear your review. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
West Sussex
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Friendly staff, good food and clean rooms - what more could you want?

Nice pool and a gym that has what you need without obsessive staff all over you, .

Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Wide choice and plenty of hot drinks topped up regularly,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Dear Hilton Garden Inn,
I live 1/2 of my life in hotels across this great country. This is my companies third use of this fantastic hotel. Back to my comment, I have reasonable expectations of living 1/2 of my life in hotels. I know that if I stay in a 40.00 / night hotel I anticipate a certain level of expectation, (not much). If I stay in a 100.00 / night hotel I have a certain level of expectation. If I live and work in a Hilton Garden Inn I have a much higher level of expectations. I work as an instructor for my company. I rent a conference room(s) that can accommodate 60 participants. Most of the attendees are also staying in the hotel.

The staff's attitude and energy far exceeded my expectations. The food and accommodations also far exceeded my expectations. However, one nearly sleepless night ruined my stay at this hotel. There was a large gathering of people at the pool. It was a pool party that went on and on until 1:30AM. There was no music, however, the party noise became unbearable after several hours.

I don't want to be a party pooper so I just kept my mouth shut and finally got some sleep after 1:30AM. Then I had to get up and teach a class for eight hours. If this happened in my neighborhood I would call the police about the disturbance of peace. Therefore after my class I went to the front desk and told them that I would be calling the police if this happened again. The lady at the counter said, "All you have to do is come and complain, and the noise would be silenced!" This is where our viewpoints differ.

I have a reasonable expectation not to be disturbed after 10:00PM. I don't want to have to, "Come and Complain".

I will be teaching at this hotel about three times a year spending tens of thousands of dollars. From now on when I check in, I will remind the staff that the pool closes at ten and that I have a reasonable expectation of peace and quiet after that time. Jeepers!

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area!