“HOW DO YOU MESS UP THE BRIDE'S RESERVATION!?!?!”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Ranked #31 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Where to begin... I was getting married and chose this hotel for our guests as well as myself, THE BRIDE, for our wedding. While most of my guests had an overall satisfactory experience, it was EXTREMELY UNSATISFACTORY that the hotel staff messed up my own reservation and room accommodations. My husband made my reservation via internet months in advance, and noted during the reservation process that it would be the room for THE BRIDE. My husband called to confirm the reservation at roughly 5:30 pm the day of my arrival, and a woman named Claudia confirmed that reservation and also confirmed that it was the room for THE BRIDE. Then 3 hours later the same employee he talked to, Claudia, left a voicemail saying the room was given away!?!?! We were told there was a leak, and that's understandable, but when something like that happens how in the world do they decide to ditch the bride's room on the night before her special day!?!?! Furthermore, when I attempted to check in Claudia said there was NO NOTATION ABOUT ME BEING THE BRIDE. That's mind boggling!!! How can one person say one thing and then something totally different mere hours later!?!?! Totally unacceptable. When this problem was made aware to me, the initial compensation was moving to a room with 2 double beds, NOT A KING BED AS THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION STATED, and Hilton Honors points towards a future stay. Seeing as how this is my first experience with a Hilton Garden Inn, I have absolutely no intention of having ANY future stays. The fact that that was the only compensation offered was frankly offensive. Finally, after my husband spoke with a manager named Mike, they agreed to comp my room and the room of one other guest instead of the future night's stay, and they also included a bottle of champagne. MUCH too little MUCH too late if you ask me... The main sticking point to me and my husband was the fact that Claudia flat out LIED to us about the situation, and at one point even placed my husband on hold to deliberately avoid the situation as she attempted to "locate the manager" when in fact my husband hung up the phone and called back and the manager was mysteriously made available immediately... The lack of service, lack of professionalism, lack of integrity, etc. of Claudia was deplorable and despicable. If it weren't for Mike, who knows how the situation might have ended. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!! Good luck with your business if that's how you treat THE BRIDE OF A WEDDING STAYING AT YOUR HOTEL...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the HUGE mistake my team made in regards to your reservation. This is not an example of the great service so many experience from my team and I am embarrassed to say the least. I would like to speak with you at your convenience. Please contact me at 832.912.3101 at your leisure, once again please accept my apologies and I hope to speak with you in the days to come.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone there was extremely courteous and helpful, which is rare these days. I was especially impressed with Domingo Martinez Jr., who went out of his way to make us feel welcome and help us with our meals. He did this for everyone there and was so friendly. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2014

Appreciate the feedback on your recent visit. Domingo is continually praised for his service and attention for details. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent group of staff members who were very friendly and professional. Very clean facility. Excellent brakfast. The room was clean. The surroundings are beautiful. The location of the hotel is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The only Hilton Garden Inn that does not issue breakfast vouchers to Gold and Diamond members upon check in. Meals get charged and was told will be reversed. That didn't happen and I had to dispute the charges a few days later.

1  Thank Henry L

Appreciate you taking the time and providing us with your feedback. We have eliminated the voucher system with our breakfast to expedite many services within the hotel, from check-in to dining in the restaurant. I am very sorry this occurred to you as it is not something that falls through the cracks as we know how important billing is to our guests. I can assure you it will not occur again. Thank you for informing us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Cypress, Texas has an exceptional friendly staff that takes care of any need you have. The breakfast has a vast assortment of items as well as cooked to order food and is superb. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel features a spacious and beautiful lobby area with several computers as well as an Apple for internet provision. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub for your enjoyment. An exercise room is provided as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with exceptional feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Staff was very professional. Room was extremely clean and comfortable. A bit pricey for 3 star but was the same as all others in this area. I would stay here again, and I would certainly stay at another garden inn in another location. I usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels; but the garden inn is quite comfortable and certainly above average!!! Very pleased !!

Stayed: August 2014

So nice to see we lived up to and exceeded your expectations. So many guests are surprised when staying for the first time. Our brand is definitely a hidden gem. We look forward to your return in the future. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall good experience except an expected lack of tact: they revoke my access to the room without any notice due to an issue on my corportate credit card. I had to go down from the 6th floor after a long and tiring day to discuss the issue with the reception. They did a second time after few days for the same issue... the credit card was fine but apparently was not allowing debit over Internet, it could only be done after passing "physically" the card in the payment terminal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business