“Very rude staff in breakfast dining room”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Ranked #27 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Dallas
“Very rude staff in breakfast dining room”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been going to this hotel for over 10 years and my last stay 08/22/2014 - 08/24/2014 was the wrost. When we check in room the comforter on one bed was dirty and smell of sweat. I ask if they could replace it and they did. The worst treatment came when the host Domingo Martinez never acknowledge us into hotel after the sign said wait here to be seat. He acknowledge everyone else but us. The next day he had no choice so he said yall can set here and walk away. I quess he has sometime against black people. The waitress name Mary Lou came over and wipe one of our tables and not the other one so we ask again and she through the towel down the table in front of us. The only thing that saved both days was the waitress named tametha. She waited on us and made us feel special. I reported this to the front desk but I don't think it matters to the hotel so beware of wait staff in dining room if you are of color.

Room Tip: no comment
Thank Happytraveler1d... A
Ahant, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback. I am terribly sorry for your encounters with some of the breakfast team. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire team. We will use your feedback to improve our services in the future, but I can ensure you that it makes no difference in the color of ones skin, we aim to please everyone. Obviously we fell extremely short for you and it is not the typical service we provide. I would like to personally speak with you, please contact me at 832.912.3101 at your convenience. Once again, my sincere apologies and I hope to speak with you shortly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Buda, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here for a soccer tournament and still the hotel was quite at night and the service was great. Lots of places to eat and shop close to the hotel and easy on and off access from the highway. During our stay we used the bar, pool and ate breakfast and enjoyed them all. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice and comfy for sleeping. The free internet worked great and gave me the ability to work from my room while we stayed at the hotel. In all I would stay at this hotel again if the chance was given to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your feedback! We strive for excellence and I love to hear we delivered. Our location is definitely great- so much to do. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel as it recognizes our behind the scenes team- Housekeeping- for a job well done. We look forward to hosting the tournament in the future. Until next time, good luck and safe travels.
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Where to begin... I was getting married and chose this hotel for our guests as well as myself, THE BRIDE, for our wedding. While most of my guests had an overall satisfactory experience, it was EXTREMELY UNSATISFACTORY that the hotel staff messed up my own reservation and room accommodations. My husband made my reservation via internet months in advance, and noted during the reservation process that it would be the room for THE BRIDE. My husband called to confirm the reservation at roughly 5:30 pm the day of my arrival, and a woman named Claudia confirmed that reservation and also confirmed that it was the room for THE BRIDE. Then 3 hours later the same employee he talked to, Claudia, left a voicemail saying the room was given away!?!?! We were told there was a leak, and that's understandable, but when something like that happens how in the world do they decide to ditch the bride's room on the night before her special day!?!?! Furthermore, when I attempted to check in Claudia said there was NO NOTATION ABOUT ME BEING THE BRIDE. That's mind boggling!!! How can one person say one thing and then something totally different mere hours later!?!?! Totally unacceptable. When this problem was made aware to me, the initial compensation was moving to a room with 2 double beds, NOT A KING BED AS THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION STATED, and Hilton Honors points towards a future stay. Seeing as how this is my first experience with a Hilton Garden Inn, I have absolutely no intention of having ANY future stays. The fact that that was the only compensation offered was frankly offensive. Finally, after my husband spoke with a manager named Mike, they agreed to comp my room and the room of one other guest instead of the future night's stay, and they also included a bottle of champagne. MUCH too little MUCH too late if you ask me... The main sticking point to me and my husband was the fact that Claudia flat out LIED to us about the situation, and at one point even placed my husband on hold to deliberately avoid the situation as she attempted to "locate the manager" when in fact my husband hung up the phone and called back and the manager was mysteriously made available immediately... The lack of service, lack of professionalism, lack of integrity, etc. of Claudia was deplorable and despicable. If it weren't for Mike, who knows how the situation might have ended. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!! Good luck with your business if that's how you treat THE BRIDE OF A WEDDING STAYING AT YOUR HOTEL...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Please accept my sincere apologies for the HUGE mistake my team made in regards to your reservation. This is not an example of the great service so many experience from my team and I am embarrassed to say the least. I would like to speak with you at your convenience. Please contact me at 832.912.3101 at your leisure, once again please accept my apologies and I hope to speak with you in the days to come.
NW Louisiana
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone there was extremely courteous and helpful, which is rare these days. I was especially impressed with Domingo Martinez Jr., who went out of his way to make us feel welcome and help us with our meals. He did this for everyone there and was so friendly. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014
Appreciate the feedback on your recent visit. Domingo is continually praised for his service and attention for details. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent group of staff members who were very friendly and professional. Very clean facility. Excellent brakfast. The room was clean. The surroundings are beautiful. The location of the hotel is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The only Hilton Garden Inn that does not issue breakfast vouchers to Gold and Diamond members upon check in. Meals get charged and was told will be reversed. That didn't happen and I had to dispute the charges a few days later.

1 Thank Henry L
Appreciate you taking the time and providing us with your feedback. We have eliminated the voucher system with our breakfast to expedite many services within the hotel, from check-in to dining in the restaurant. I am very sorry this occurred to you as it is not something that falls through the cracks as we know how important billing is to our guests. I can assure you it will not occur again. Thank you for informing us and hope to welcome you back soon.
Alabaster, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Cypress, Texas has an exceptional friendly staff that takes care of any need you have. The breakfast has a vast assortment of items as well as cooked to order food and is superb. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel features a spacious and beautiful lobby area with several computers as well as an Apple for internet provision. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub for your enjoyment. An exercise room is provided as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with exceptional feedback. We look forward to your return.