Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$107
Agoda.com
US$441
US$424
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe shuttle driverclose to the airportc unitbed was comfortableiahcereal
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This motel is reacting aggressively to right itself in the IAH motel marketplace. We were hesitent toward staying and the Desk Mgr asked us to come by and see how they are improving. New carpet, new paint and a new attitude (from previous reviews) is very apparent. The rooms are true, multi-room suites and clean. They have a social time in the late afternoon that was classy and tasty. The price of the stay was, hands-down the best to be found at IAH. You will be remiss if you don't give this motel a second chance.

• Stayed: November 2013
Operations V, General Manager at Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for posting such a great review! We definitely are coming back strong, the staff here is committed to providing the best guest service available and with a recent remodel we offer the one of the best stays in the area. And the from what I have seen the guests really love our hospitality nights!

Thank you!!

Tara Wagner

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Effortless warmth and candor adorned the courteous service I received starting from being picked up from and returned to the airport . The Manager and her staff made the hotel experience comfortable. This hotel was assigned by United Airlines having been left during my connection en route to my overseas trip. Although this delay of two days posed a lot of inconvenience, the friendliness of the staff at Quality Suites made the time tolerable. Since most people in this situation are from out of town and many, like me, may not be familiar with the city of Houston, it might be a good idea for the team of United Airlines and Quality Suites to consider "day trips" to Houston for interested passengers. I believe that this act will not only make the "medicine go down" it might also be a point to brag about as well as an edge over other teams.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you I am glad that you enjoyed your time here while delayed from your flight. We have come up with a couple different solutions to day trips for stranded guests. We have been able to get them out to a local mall and during the holidays when cancelled flights were numerous and the weather was horrible many guests rented cars for the day and we shuttled them to and from the car rental facility so that they could get out and enjoy what Houston has to offer.

Tara Wagner

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our contact with this hotel began with a pick up at the airport by an unmarked mini-van. When I asked why it was an unmarked mini-van, we were told that the regular van was being repaired and the magnetic sign with the hotel name fell off. Now that I read the other reviews, I see that the mini-van has been in existence for a long time and is obviously not "being repaired". Upon arriving in our room I noticed that the toilet seat was up and appeared to have been used and not cleaned. Then I noticed the bed was sloppily "made" and when I pulled back the sheets I could see that they were dirty and stained. So I asked the woman at the desk (the same woman who picked us up at the airport and checked us in) to get clean sheets. She then came into the room with clean bedding and put it on the dirty floor while she stripped the bed and made it up again. I was grossed out that she put the clean bedding on the floor but didn't say anything because I was comfortable doing only so much complaining). Then I noticed other things: stains on the sofa, dried spills on the coffee table, the empty tissue dispenser, toothpaste smeared into the carpet near the sink, and a leaky tub faucet. In the morning I went to have breakfast at 8 am. There were no eggs left but a woman reassured me that they would make some more. But there was no more sausage or yogurt and no more in stock. As I sat there eating my eggs, I watched a man literally fall on the floor as his chair collapsed under him and broke apart. This place is clearly under-staffed and poorly maintained and the cleaning is sub-par.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucyrennell
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stopover to Mexico. I had called the hotel before we left, the front desk had said not to worry I could book when we arrived, to be sure I booked on their website before we left. When we landed and called we were told the shuttle was "broken" so took a cab. Upon arrival they looked worried as we walked up, then told us they were full, we did have a reservation but they were not sure where they would put us. They ended up finding a room, it must have been one that was slated for repairs. The staff mentioned it either wouldn't have a TV or a shower curtain bar but would bring a TV if it was missing. We discovered the shower curtain bar was missing which was not a big deal, but the tub was dirty and rusty. The bed sheets were dirty, hair on the sheets and makeup on the pillow cases. When we went to the the front desk they assured us the sheets were clean....clearly they were not clean so we asked for new ones which I changed myself. The pull-out sofa didn't have sheets in the room which was likely a good thing, at least the ones we got from the front were clean. The ceiling had a lot of what looked like water damage on it. The only positive thing about this hotel was Jackie at the front desk, he was great to deal with. We left the next morning, via cab due to the shuttle not working, and noticed they had a number of inspectors in the hotel. Not sure if this is a regular thing or was occurring due to complaints. All in all I would stay away from this hotel, there are MUCH better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Had nothing but trouble with room cleanliness. Lights not working. There was a significant toilet ring. Shower had someone else's hair, had to wipe it down myself.
Coffee was not available due to frozen grinds.
Staff was friendly.