“Big group, unexpected stop, no problem for the staff at Quality Suites”

Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West
Ranked #356 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our group of 22 students was delayed on our international flight and had to spend an extra night in Houston. Our hosts at Quality Suites took our unfortunate experience and helped us turn it positive. Their dedication to customer service was amazing. They definitely went over and above any expectations I had. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Quality_Suites_TX744, General Manager at Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone what a great team we have here at Quality Suites, we are very happy that you chose us and enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I were going on a vacation out of te country and this hotel was our rest spot before we flew out the following morning. The shuttle has some serious issues; although all 3 drivers were amazing! The first night we arrived our driver was Andy, poor guy had to get out and pop the windshield wiper on several times. My husband noticed how bad the windshield was cracked and made a comment. When we went back in the morning Melissa was our driver and she was a wonderful woman. Arriving back at the airport from vacation we decide to stay at the hotel again. The driver that picked us up was a joy, I believe his name was brad. We noticed that windshield was still cracked and it seemed to be getting worse. We asked brad about it and he said that his manager was going to get it fixed soon, but our first driver said something very similar to this. Although the shuttle was not a pretty site, the rooms in the hotel were ok compare to it. The beds were not comfortable at all, and the room had a very bad smell. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until they got rid of several blemishes.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

A million thanks to Tara Wagner for making us feel 100% comfortable. She went above and beyond in trying to ease the stress and inconvinience of an unwanted stop courtesy of united airlines ( united customer service at houston int. Airport is by far the worst).
Thanks Tara for the hospitality and for taking us to the mall.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AntonioD73
Quality_Suites_TX744, General Manager at Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Your welcome! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we could take a "unexpected stop" and make it just a little easier!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was bumped off a United Flight and had to stay at this property. It was already late evening and we were tired. We called the hotel for a shuttle and we were told the shuttle would be arriving soon. We waited over an hour and there was no shuttle. We were going to take a cab but fortunately the Marriott shuttle volunteered to bring us to the room. When we finally got to our rooms and settled the fire alarm went off briefly. After it shut off so quickly I went back to bed. About 10 minutes later there was a knock on my door from another guest telling me to get out because there was indeed a fire. The fire was a result of a poorly maintained heating unit that the hotel knew about. We spend over an hour on the front lawn with no information from hotel management. We were finally allowed back in our rooms by the firemen. We were offered no accommodations for our trouble. The management was rude when we inquired about this issue in the morning. We were actually told by them that they turned off the fire alarm because they were not worried about the issue even though the whole 2nd floor was filled with smoke.

The next morning the shuttle I signed up for was over 30 minutes late which nearly caused me to miss my flight.

If United tries to send you to this place I would show them this review and strongly disagree. There is a Marriott attached to the airport which I have had other airlines put me in and it is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Operations V, General Manager at Quality Suites Bush/IAH Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback we always appreciate feedback so that we can improve. I do empathize with your situation and understand that it can be frustrating after enduring long lines with airport customer service, only to have to wait for a shuttle to arrive to bring you to the hotel to get some much needed rest. We apologize for the long wait but because our non-stop shuttle service needed to meet an unexpected amount of waiting guests due to the multiple flight cancellations that day. We do everything possible to accommodate our guests in a timely manner.

In regards to the fire alarms, we are sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused and although there was no actual fire there was smoke caused by a malfunctioning heater unit. The fire alarm did sound and the fire department was called to inspect the unit and verify that it was safe for all guests to remain in the hotel. Our staff will always take the necessary precautions to insure our guests safety, because they are our #1 priority. We hope that you decide to give us another try on your next trip to Houston and get to experience the Quality service that this property offers.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here on January 15, 2013. We had a layover on our way to Cancun, we were greeted warmly by the shuttle driver right outside the terminal door, quickly taken to the hotel after a couple pick-ups. The previous reviewer mentioned the 2 different shuttles, and yes, one of the shuttles is a mini-van with less that clear signage, but our driver got out of the shuttle at the curbside and walked through saying our names so it was easy to identify where we were to go, they also had door signs on the mini-van the next morning.

Check in was seamless and very friendly, front desk staff was extremely helpful. It is obvious that the property has undergone some improvements, our room was very clean, very nicely prepared for our arrival and no red flags that might have warned me of an issue. The next morning breakfast was nice and simple, several options available.

If you expect a 50-star resort hotel, you will be disapointed obviously. If you expect a stop-over airport hotel, you will be impressed, so make sure your expectations are realistic.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a fairly quiet area, away from interstate highway traffic noise, so there is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, I am happy to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay but also recognized that this property has taken a turn for the good. We hope to see you back real soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was by far one of the best places I have stayed. The room was very clean, nicely furnished with modern decor. Breakfast was good. The G.M. Tara, was very professional and personable who cares about her guest. I was lucky to come at a time when there was a transition period with new management and caught a good rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Herr M

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

G.M.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I were put up here after a flight cancellation. We were not looking forward to it after reading the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly, the room/suite was big and clean, and the bed was comfortable. No complaints.

They have two shuttles... one is a proper van shuttle that has a Quality Suites logo on the side. The other is a mini van, but they have a Quality Suites sign on the dashboard.

The hotel also had free welcome beers in the hotel upon arrival - exactly what we needed after a long day at the airport.

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for the nice review and since being under new management lots of things have changed...as with everything out with the old in with the new. Hopefully those old negative reviews are the same, and guests can trust that their stay with us will be comfortable and relaxing just as yours. I am glad that you enjoyed the hospitality night and I knew that it came just in time for those frustrating evenings dealing with airport delays and cancellations. We sure hope that should you or family members be in the Houston area again sometime that you stay again.