“Great Food!”

Banana Leaf
Ranked #782 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've eaten at Banana Leaf in Manila many times and we loved it every time. So we thought we'd give this place a try. It's not the same restaurant, but they serve the same kind of cuisine.
Our first visit was in April 2012. And we've been bringing friends to this place since and telling friends about it. The place is frequently quite crowded at lunch and on week-end nights. But this is mitigated somewhat by the fast service and quick turnaround of tables. We always start off with my favorite Roti Canai with curry sauce. It's divine! I'm very big on the taste of food and has to be well seasoned. Beef Rendang is not the best I've tasted. But it's still passable. Not to be missed out, Beef Satay is always a great choice. I always order some for take out too. I love how they serve steamed rice in a cute wooden container with cover. We always go out of this restaurant belly stuffed.

3  Thank Hadi628

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great food. Super tasty.
I was very hesitant when we were told that the food was going to be wonderful but the advice was totally legitimate.

Kudos to Banana Leaf for making a believer out of me.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We ordered five different foods including appetizers and entrees. Amazingly each dish had remarkable, different, special and distinctive flavors. Friendly quick greetings followed by quick attentive service and quick delivery of the hot foods. It would take many enjoyable visits to even begin to sample all that is offered. This is a relatively small eatery with tables and booths. We had a three minute wait for a place to sit at eight o'clock on a Friday night. Travel far down Bellaire and i the back of a strip mall you will find the Banana Leaf for a real eating treat.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The restaurant was recommended so we tried it out for lunch. We had the beef renang and the fried tofu. Overall it was fair, both dishes tasted about the same with a curry base. Service was also average in that we had to ask for more water and rice. With some many other asian restaurants to chose from in the area, this is not one of my favorite.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Went here with my family and the food was awesome! It's great Malaysian food and reasonably priced. The coconut shake was also great!