“Delicious food and friendly service”

Seco's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #789 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Secos is a very small, intimate restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Service was prompt and friendly. I enjoyed everything I had here. I started with one of the best margaritas I have ever had in Houston and incredible salsa. My lunch consisted of Kelly's Plate - Spinach enchilada & chicken chalupa with Spanish rice and beansl It didn't disappoint! It was full of flavor and cooked to perfection. My only regret is not ordering the fried plantains as an appetizer. Next time, for sure!!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Seco's is a small, relaxed restaurant that serves some of the best Latin food in Houston. Don't go here if you are looking for yet another Tex-Mex place; while they have food that you might find in a Tex-Mex joint, you would be missing the point. Seco Moran makes and serves truly outstanong food - try the corn enchiladas, or the pollo Moran, or one of the other unique dishes. If you just want a taco al carbon in hurry, you might be better off at one ofnthe commercial chains. on the other hand, if you are looking for novel and interesting dishes, served in a restaurant where you can converse with the people at your table, go to Seco's.

As for the service, this is a small, family run restaurant. I have always found the staff to be attentive and downright friendly. We have gone there for a quick meal; we have arrived at 2:00 and stayed (talking) for hours - without someone pressing us to leave.

Seco's is a gem.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stopped here for lunch since it has a good rating. However, after my experience here, I don't understand the excellent reviews it received for the food quality or pricing.

I ordered the chicken enchiladas, but they were just OK. Not very flavorful... they were rather bland. The rice & beans it came with were also not very impressive. And this dish cost about $10, which I feel is a bit overpriced for the quality of food i received.

Granted, though my party arrived at 2 pm (a bit late for lunch), I feel we should have our glasses refilled at least once. Our waiter did not do this & after he left when his shift ended, there was not another waiter in the seating area to ask.

Perhaps Seco's used to be as great as the reviews say in the past, but I do not believe it is so today. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Tiny, locally owned, very casual. Huge menu but everything I've eaten is excellent. Try the Chicken Moran, taco salad, salmon salad. Texas Monthly has rated it the of best restaurants in the state.

1  Thank sallyleonard
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Excelente! Declicious food, ample variety of Latin American flavors, cozy place, very reasonable price; couldn't be better. A great place.