“one of the best anywhere”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,433 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we eat here about 4-6 times per year, and since it opened it has continued to be one of the very best restaurants anywhere in Texas or anywhere else for that matter. It has a 29 of 30 zagat rating for a reason. It"s exceptional.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife likes sushi but is very particular with her fish. She loved the Wahu Wahu. The BrusselSprouts were delicious, as well as the uchivechi. The waiters explained every menu item in detail as it came to your table. Wonderful experience, and lives up the rating on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place does sushi and so much much more. For a city that has so many (good) steak restaurants it is an absolute pleasure to have this place. This is down to earth, upscale, fancy, fantastic food and I love their principle of accepting walk-ins although you will have to wait in the nice courtyard with a drink until a table is available – the horror!! (insert sarcasm).

It is expensive (for Houston) but I will go here again and again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I may have entered this dinner with unreal expectations based on all that I have heard and read so let me start with the positives. The staff and atmosphere are outstanding. Very knowledgeable and helpful waiters who truly want you to enjoy the experience. Knowing the chef has the ability to amaze, we chose the Omasake dinner. While the food was good, we left feeling "ok" about the dinner and somewhat disappointed that we never had a "Wow, that was amazing" moment. Once again, great meal and enjoyed the restaurant but was never really wowed with any part of the meal. I stress that I may have had to high of expectations going into the meal but did truly enjoy the experience.

1  Thank Mlsmith142
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food was incredible. The staff was friendly. We went without reservations and it was a little bit of a wait. We were escorted outside and given a drink menu. It was great weather, so we didn't mind the wait. The food was well worth the wait. The Machi Cure was out of this world. We also had the maguro sashimi and goat cheese (very interesting), walu walu, hamachi nabe, brussels sprouts, ham & eggs (delish), biendo (only thing I could have done without) and the fried milk and peanut butter semufreddo for dessert....both amazing!!

1  Thank NinaRo724