“frustrating”

Ranked #132 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Sao Vicente, SP
“frustrating”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was in room 103 in the first night and I was attacked by bedbugs, in the morning I killed 2 bugs over the bed and showed in the front desk, they changed me to room 334 and the bites continued, but not as much as in the previous room. It was a terrible experience, I´m allergic and suffered to much because of the bites.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Lucia S
bwfountainview, Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Ms. Suoza,
I apologize that you experienced bites during your 6 nights stay with us. Apparently, you claim that you were likewise bitten by "bugs" in the 334 wherein you stayed and slept for 5 nights. I spoke with you personally on your 2nd day of stay also have seen/met you in the breakfast area and lobby with the duration of your stay but I never heard you say anything nor brought up any concerns during those times. Likewise, when you checked out, I likewise saw you but again never said anything. I sincerely feel that no one can stay in a room with bed bugs for 5 whole nights.
I also apologize that nothing in our breakfast items meet your specific diet - since you mentioned to me that you cannot eat anything that is hot. I remember asking you if I can get you anything in particular but you responded by telling me that you will take care of it.
I had the second room inspected and I am pleased that it is not infected at all. Thank you and again my sincere apology.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
surrey bc
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Don't be deceived by the location - while the area my look a bit questionable this hotel has the best staff and the rooms are very quiet. We liked the easy access to really good shopping and freeway access. Breakfast is what you would expect and there is something for everyone.

Room Tip: we always try to get the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words, they surely uplifted the spirit of the whole staff. We hope to have you back with us.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Definitely a tale of two Best Westerns and this one has much room for improvement. Check-in was slow and after checking in your given a parking pass since their gated parking lot is used as an overflow for a car or truck dealership.

The price for the weekend which we stayed was great and that ends the compliments Our family went to breakfast the following morning and the hot items on the continental breakfast (eggs & sausage) were cold. Thought that this would have been a one time occurrence but they were also cold the following morning.

After returning from breakfast we discovered that the air conditioner was leaking. I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk who was pleasant enough to try and find us a room. With no room availability, room service came up to the room cleaned the carpet and put a plastic container under the unit to catch the water that was leaking. We opted to shut the unit off while we went out for the afternoon/evening to keep from coming back to another wet carpet. While the bathroom looked nice not having a shower head that could be adjusted was an inconvenience.

For families that have kids be warned that there is a male strip club across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HooksFan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed here not through choice but because my hotel had doublebooked my room. I would not choose to stay here again as the walls are wafer thin and the air con sounds like a freight train. The bedrooms are in need of a makeover but the shower in the bathroom was powerful although the sink was slow to drain. Both desk clerks I dealt with seemed pleasant enough but not terribly attentive.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank freqflyerSS
Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a girls weekend of shopping and dining. The hotel is in a great area, close to restaurants and shopping. The room was clean and just the right size for us. The complimentary breakfast had a pretty good selection the only thing missing was some yogurt. The pool is nice and large. We were close to Harwin Street and lots of other shopping. LaBare is directly across the street. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The best prices we found were from the internet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank suzyqtx
bwfountainview, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
In behalf of Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful words. We will be looking forward to seeing you again. Rest assured that the next time you visit us, you will find yogurt as part of our breakfast items. We do appreciate your suggestion and we take them to heart. Thank you once again and see you soon.
Decatur
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We were guests there for six days during our competition at the National Senior Olympics in Houston. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff helpful with whatever we needed. One thing that was unusual was that the some of the offerings for the free breakfast varied every day and included fresh fruit. The free wi-fi worked well and that allowed us to keep in touch with work and home while there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nan725
bwfountainview, General Manager at Best Western Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
I would like to thank you for your kind words. It was indeed a great pleasure and joy having the Senior Olympics participants - you likewise inspired us with your positive outlook in life and vibrancy. We do all hope to see you again.
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The location is good, 2 miles from the Houston Galeria.
The hotel is nicely furnished, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean.
Breakfast is usual, wider selection than plain bagel and muffins.
The pool is really clean and nice. The business center is well equipped. There is a washer and dryer in the hotel, thogh the washer was quite dirty.
We had a good experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you once again for choosing Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites. We are all glad to know that you enjoyed your time and stay with us.
We all hope to be of service to you again.