“Watch out how much they charge to your credit card or you might get ripped off!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #145 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed two nights in Feb 2012 for an average of $113/night (incl. tax). When doing my research on Tripadvisor, this Best Western turned out to be one of the least expensive hotels in this area of Houston. The area is safe and quiet and all attractions are close (Galleria is less than 5 minutes away). The property is clean, rooms are clean as well although slightly dated. Water pressure is very weak. Great breakfast included in the rate. Note that there is a big parking lot in the back.

We had an issue with the billing. Upon check-in, the attendant took my card to secure a deposit and wrote $296 instead of the $226 I had booked the room for. I noticed it and she said it was fine and that the correct amount would be charged when checking out... Well when checking out (it was an other employee) they wanted to charge $296 and gave me the bill to sign. I told her it was wrong, again, and after a long sigh she made the correction and printed the revised bill. My card was charged $226 but if I had not paid attention and compared to the rate on my booking, I would have lost $70!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bwfountainview, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
I sincerely apologize for the confusion with regards to the credit card charges. Please be assured that I sat down with the rest of the Front Desk staff to avoid a recurrence of that incident.
I do hope that you would still consider staying with us should you be in the area.

Adelle Santos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bridgeport, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed here while in town for a training seminar, along with 2 female coworkers. Because we are in social work, expense is very important to our agency. We had a queen double with a pull-out sofabed and all three of us were very comfortable and had a good night's sleep. The room and the bathroom were spacious and clean and the price was extraordinary for this convenient location. The breakfast menu was extensive enough to provide something for each of our very different preferences. The staff was very personable and attentive to our needs. Very convenient to the Galleria and our meeting. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a third floor room at the rear of the hotel and their was no outside noise at are.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are surely glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites for the duration of your training. I am likewise pleased that you found our breakfast extensive and to your satisfaction.

We will be looking forward to having you back with us should your training be in the area.

Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed here on my last day in Houston. I choose this hotel because i wanted to have some good night rest, and I've got it. I had all what I needed. A clean, spacious room, a soft a comfortable bed, and a bathroom with a great bath and shower in it. All what I need.
Public transport is easily accesible, (just in front of the hotel), it makes it easy to go to downtown, some shopping in the Galleria, or even the movies.
Pay attention, incheck is 4 p.m. when I arrived, there was a couple who wanted to check in, and they didn't know this was at 4 p.m. I knew this and was prepared (asked the hotel before I came if they had a storage place for suitecases, off course this wasn't any problem for them). The couple was a little agitated because they didn't know this. And I must agree, incheck time is a little late...but that's the only remark ;)
I had a great time at the hotel, even breakfast was nice

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ssille
I would like to thank you for staying with the Best Western Fountainview Inn and Suites - likewise, I am pleased that you were able to avail of Best Western promotion for free night stay.
We do look forward to have you again stay with us.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to the Galleria area and easy to get Downtown from. I had considered staying downtown for this trip, but this hotel was about 1/3 the cost of other hotels and provided lots of great amenities. Like all Best Western properties, it had a fantastic buffet breakfast included in the rate. The BW rewards program had a special promotion going on at the time and I got a lot of points for a 4 night stay.

Room Tip: The right side of the building has no view to speak of. Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MarathonTraveller100
Nikki P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 713 783 8388.

Nikki Patel
BEST WESTERN Fountainview Inn & Suites Near Galleria
Sao Vicente, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was in room 103 in the first night and I was attacked by bedbugs, in the morning I killed 2 bugs over the bed and showed in the front desk, they changed me to room 334 and the bites continued, but not as much as in the previous room. It was a terrible experience, I´m allergic and suffered to much because of the bites.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Lucia S
bwfountainview, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Ms. Suoza,
I apologize that you experienced bites during your 6 nights stay with us. Apparently, you claim that you were likewise bitten by "bugs" in the 334 wherein you stayed and slept for 5 nights. I spoke with you personally on your 2nd day of stay also have seen/met you in the breakfast area and lobby with the duration of your stay but I never heard you say anything nor brought up any concerns during those times. Likewise, when you checked out, I likewise saw you but again never said anything. I sincerely feel that no one can stay in a room with bed bugs for 5 whole nights.
I also apologize that nothing in our breakfast items meet your specific diet - since you mentioned to me that you cannot eat anything that is hot. I remember asking you if I can get you anything in particular but you responded by telling me that you will take care of it.
I had the second room inspected and I am pleased that it is not infected at all. Thank you and again my sincere apology.
surrey bc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Don't be deceived by the location - while the area my look a bit questionable this hotel has the best staff and the rooms are very quiet. We liked the easy access to really good shopping and freeway access. Breakfast is what you would expect and there is something for everyone.

Room Tip: we always try to get the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words, they surely uplifted the spirit of the whole staff. We hope to have you back with us.
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Definitely a tale of two Best Westerns and this one has much room for improvement. Check-in was slow and after checking in your given a parking pass since their gated parking lot is used as an overflow for a car or truck dealership.

The price for the weekend which we stayed was great and that ends the compliments Our family went to breakfast the following morning and the hot items on the continental breakfast (eggs & sausage) were cold. Thought that this would have been a one time occurrence but they were also cold the following morning.

After returning from breakfast we discovered that the air conditioner was leaking. I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk who was pleasant enough to try and find us a room. With no room availability, room service came up to the room cleaned the carpet and put a plastic container under the unit to catch the water that was leaking. We opted to shut the unit off while we went out for the afternoon/evening to keep from coming back to another wet carpet. While the bathroom looked nice not having a shower head that could be adjusted was an inconvenience.

For families that have kids be warned that there is a male strip club across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family