“Noisy work happy hour hangout”
Review of Hearsay

Hearsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Hearsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Congress
Austin, Texas
“Noisy work happy hour hangout”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I think the title sums it up- though there were a few couples, most of the activity was around a few large work-related happy hours. Noisy, drinking revelers preparing for a 4th of July weekend. The overall atmosphere and mediocre level of service detracted from the food and overall experience- not that the food is any revelation (I have been here a few times now).

• Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hearsay is a great spot, especially for brunch! I have been here a few times, and all of my experiences have been great! My latest experience was awesome. My boyfriend and I were supposed to go to some other restaurant for brunch, but despite their web site saying they were open, they were not (long story, but not the point of this review). I suggested we go to Hearsay, because I knew it was close, and we had been there for after-dinner drinks a few months ago. I called to see if there were any openings, the hostess said there was an hour and a half wait (not shocking for Sunday brunch, really). I asked if there were spots at the bar, she said yes, and that she could put some reserved signs at two chairs for us! I was really surprised at this, and thought it was a great gesture!

The service was great! Our bartender was Jessica, and she took great care of us!! She was very friendly and attentive. I had the bacon mushroom omelet and it was delicious! Mimosas were great!

This restaurant is an old loft downtown, so it is not ideal for large parties, but the building and décor is absolutely amazing!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited June 2014
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Great evening with a client”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Took a client out to this place during TechEd week in Houston. Great atmosphere in a building with a lot of history. Perfect noise level - Conversations were kept at the table without needing to yell to be heard. Interesting menu with lots of choices. Melise was our wonderful server. She asked about our tastes and gave recommendations. I had the BBQ brisket sandwich - Fantastic!

Nice place to take a client for a informal business meeting. Better for date night or a night with the fellas!

• Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“The Byrd - Best Burger in Town”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As one of my ideal road trips I would like to go on a U.S. tour seeking out the best hamburgers as designated by the various food-finding TV shows that we all like so much. Hearsay should be a stop - no doubt. The Byrd (the burger) is thick, juicy, loaded with flavor and piled with flavorful things. Best part is, you get to eat this burger while out on a nice, almost-fancy dinner with good cocktails and great friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank OJT1
“A nice find”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The food here is good (the bacon and mushroom omelet was delicious, the chicken in the chicken and waffles overbreaded), the Bloody Marys delicious, but really, it's the atmosphere that's the draw. The building is unique and interesting. The service (this was Sunday at noon) was good. We'll be back to experience dinner soon.

• Visited April 2014