“A decent 2 star hotel”

Ranked #246 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Grass Valley, Ca
“A decent 2 star hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2008

This is a super clean, basic hotel that is fine if you are just looking for a place to sleep. I got it for $62.50/night on booksroomsnow.com, which was markedly lower than anything else I could find in the Reliant Park area. It's a reasonably spacious room with wireless, a comfortable bed, and a nice hot bath/shower in the bathroom. It's close to a very busy street, but it's got a pretty noisy air conditioner that blocks out any street or hotel noise.

As a woman staying here alone to attend a conference, I found that this place had its trade-offs. I could walk the mile to Reliant Center easily, and, though it felt fairly safe, it didn't feel completely safe. Both the front desk and a local friend told me I'd be safe enough during the day, but warned me to stay inside at night...so I did. There aren't any stores or restaurants within walking distance, but they are very reachable by car.

Breakfast was very simple: two types of sugary cereal, pastries that would last a millennium, milk and OJ. Oh, and it has a free cappucino machine available 24/7.

If I was looking for a hotel with friendly staff (they were ok) or that offered any kind of night life, this wouldn't have been the place to stay. But for my needs, I was satisfied enough with the place.

• Liked — cleanliness, wireless availability
  • Disliked — breakfast, somewhat unsafe location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JennyGrassValley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dehradun
Reviewed 21 May 2008

I had booked 9 rooms for a high level delegation from my company to attend OTC'08. Right after reaching Scottish Inn, manager Mr Gaj spared no effort to ensure all comforts for all of us. On few occassions he even went out of way to help & guide us to carry out our business at OTC.

Would strongly recommend Scottish Inn to all those who are not too fussy about star ratings. I stayed there for nearly 8 days & found it as a home away from home.

Keep it up Gaj !!!!

• Liked — LOcation & friendly Manager & staff
  • Disliked — Small front lobby.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank narayanamit
Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2007

Very pleased with this family owned and managed Scottish Inn. The hotel's owner was very hospitable, friendly, and efficient. He suggested that I contact the hotel reservations through the local number rather than the Internet to get a better room rate. He was able to give me clear directions on how to get to and from the Medical Center by bus from the hotel. The room was clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was available early in the morning. Staying by myself, I felt very safe in this hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2007