All reviews homeless people front desk minute maid park boutique hotel astros game valet service valet parking bars and restaurants the theater district two blocks walking distance heart of downtown free shuttle beautiful hotel convention center would definitely stay here again curios
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Stayed one night at The Sam Houston Curio - it was very pleasant, clean, and close to many restaurants. Bathroom was a nice size with a walk-in shower. Staff very helpful. Use of free shuttle for downtown area was quick and easy. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley H
Tyson L, Manager at The Sam Houston, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Hello Ashley H,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We hope to see you back again soon for a longer visit. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Quiet downtown hotel. Small, clean and safe. Convenient to restaurants, Theater District and Houstons "toy Train" public transportation. Perfect for a night on the town in town. Small restaurant in the hotel for a quick elegant breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James M

Hello James M,

I am thrilled to see that we helped make your Date Night stay a pleasant one. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for leaving this wonderful review. The next time you visit please reach out to me directly. We look forward to seeing you again soon and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Friends and I were in King deluxe rooms, 1002 and 1004. Nicely appointed. Not much of a view but seems like views aren't spectacular from any angle. But hotel is conveniently located from baseball park-2 blocks. Could see the roof of the dome being opened after a game. I'm not familiar with Houston but seems like this is an area of downtown that is being revived. Within very easy walking distance of pubs that had good drinks and nice menus. Wifi is free and great signal. Staff is so very helpful. They made a regular downtown hotel into a very pleasant stay. Chad Cossich at front desk gave great directions and advice on pubs to visit when we said we wanted to walk around and get drinks. Youssef the valet was prompt, courteous and willingly parked car in garage rather than open air parking lot. Rooms were nice sized. After reading reviews I thought they'd be very small but they were great - even had a sofa a foot of bed to sit and read/ watch tv. Comfortable desk chair. Bed was comfortable and I didn't suffer from the usual unable to sleep well in a strange bed. Bathroom is roomy. Good size closet with chest of drawers and large safe. Nice to have a variety of complimentary newspapers. Did not use bar or restaurant - these seemed empty but could be because it was Sunday night. Breakfast was served by Vanessa who gave quick yet pleasant service when we told her we were pressed for time. We didn't check out the menu since all knew what we wanted to eat - just scrambled eggs with toast and yogurt and granola. Servings were generous. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Fran M,

Thank you for choosing to stay as our Guest and for this wonderful review. I will make sure your notes are passed on to the team members you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again soon and have a wonderful day.

Tyson Lachniet,

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I stayed just one night, but really loved my room.

The king bed was comfortable, surprisingly large closet with safe in it, and the bathroom was huge. It has a large tiled shower (no bathtub) and plenty of room in it.

The room had 2 windows (one in the bathroom, one in the room) which allow for plenty of natural lighting. I was on the 8th floor and I heard no street noise overnight.

Valet parking is expensive ($32/night) and there really is not much in the way of alternatives. Hotel has a good downtown shuttle service.

You may have concern seeing Bail Bond places nearby - just one block over is the Juvenile Probatation center, court of appeals, and various county offices. That really is no problem - if you want to walk around and are concerned, just stay south of Prairie and head north(west) up Texas Ave to downtown. You can also take Texas Ave south and go 4 blocks to Minute Maid Park.

Definitely will book this place for my next stay in downtown Houston!

Room tip: I liked having a higher floor room on outside facing San Jacinto Street - good natural light for the room
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Howintex,

Thank you for choosing to stay as our Guest and taking the time to write this review. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Hotel is really nice and rooms are very clean. Also, Within walking distance to the Minute Maid Stadium and very close to cool places to hang out. I would recommend for anyone stay here. Would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at The Sam Houston, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!