Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$260
US$139
US$134
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleangreat place to stayesatelevisiontexas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I bid for this hotel on Priceline and got it for $32. Stayed one night while we visited NASA. This hotel is exactly right across the street from NASA. Check in was unremarkable. Was able to park where I could see my car. Had a second floor room that smelled like smoke but otherwise it was good, clean, large room with a kitchen and large bathroom. I did use the laundry room and it was clean. In the morning they had grab and go breakfast but I went next door to Starbuck's instead. The hotel wasn't busy at all, but I can see how it might get busy due to its location. If I were bringing a group to NASA I'd stay here. Overall it fit my requirements extremely well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Alvec,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was decent, the 3rd floor hallway smelled of cigarette smoke, but it did not seem to carry into the room. the room was clean and even though I didn't use it, the addition of the cooking facilities is nice.

The only complaint's I really have is the A/C didn't really work all that well, and the pillows on the bed were horrible. It was a really good location, right across the street from the Space Center and a short drive to Kemah which was the biggest reason for this stop on my trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Fred4405,
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

The garbage was not taken out before we got here, so the lastbpeoples trash was just sitting there and it smelled.then we find old french fries under the cousion of thenchair.wtf? The ac sucks and the tv channels suck.wouldnt stay here again

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is my second stay here.During my first stay I was here for six months. Most of the employees are very professional and The manageress Ladonna is very caring lady and goes out of the way to help. She is very competent. The maintenance manager Henry is very competent and has a very pleasant demeanor. Rubens who manages the front desk is very helpful and competent

Location is very central. There are several reasonable restaurants very close by. Coming off I-45 you are right there. Breakfast is good. It is a clean property. Next door is Starbucks and and a dry cleaners. There is even hospital very close by,

I recommend this place without reservations..
Jag

Room Tip: Good place to stay. Make an early reservation
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Ham46,
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was here out of town from Chicago working as a Superintendent for Construction. Everybody at this hotel was very nice and polite and professional. The janitorial/maintenance, housekeeping and the front desk. All very professional and polite with a smile to help me get through my day that much easier. Rooms were clean, everything was kept up very nicely. But there was one guy that stood out from the rest with exceptional service and that was Ruben at the front desk at the Johnson Space Center. He was very knowledgeable, helpful, polite and asked how everything was all the time but was not annoying about it. He does a wonderful job and deserves to be groomed for his excellence in his profession. Give him a vacation and a promotion. Ruben was definitely a very hard worker. I am giving you guys a perfect review solely because of Ruben.

Room Tip: Ask for Ruben
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Mike F,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our staff. Our staff is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.