“Pleasant Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 507 Hotels in Houston
San Francisco
“Pleasant Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here Friday through Monday in October. I had a nice quiet room with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was well appointed. The pool is much smaller than the photographs suggested! They offer happy hour and free cookies/milk; neither of which I experienced. The free breakfast is extensive and of an excellent quality for a hotel. Although there isn't a specific restaurant (it is tied in with the bar on the second floor), the food was surprisingly good. There is also a library and a pool room. The hotel offers a shuttle to the downtown area, which is also within walking distance. No real complaints. Nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Check in was terrible. Staff not friendly at all. Wine not delivered as ordered....had to call down for it. Was suppose to be in our room upon arrival. Breakfast was a crazy mess....no food and what was left looked terrible. Very disorganized....The Hampton Inn has a better breakfast. Will NEVER stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CScottRN
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Magnolia staff was helpful and attentive upon arrival. The momment we pulled up the valet service unloaded my belongings while I checked in. My luggage was delivered and unpacked in the room promptly.The suite was large, clean and very presentable. The hotel is perfectly located downtown and the views are nice. The service was impecable and the rooms were very comfortable. I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

As a disclaimer, we have to state we arrived late, did not check out their restaurants nor any offerings. This review is based entirely upon checking into our reserved room whereupon my S.O. announced, " This room smells dirty." No question it was: the black print rug no doubt hid many things as I left the next AM with 12 flea bites around both ankles which I just had lazered today. He kept his socks on the entire time. We do not know if they are pet friendly and treat for fleas with their deposit as the best hotels do. Not saying I got bitten there but after room service breakfast (pretty good), I started itching, went to my hairdresser, my dentist for teeth cleaning and then home. Not too many options there. The bed had the thinnest down comforter I had ever seen. Felt like plastic was present in the bedding somewhere during the night. Ran my finger on top of the framed picture next to the bed and viewed a thick coating of dust (fur?). Sorry, first and last time for us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newsanddeals
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Magnolia hotel while moving our daughter to Houston. Contemporary and cool decor. However, there was an overwhelming smell of mildew or something similar throughout the lobby. It actually carried over to the 2nd floor where they were serving breakfast. The odor stayed throughout our visit. Unfortunately it tainted our feeling about the hotel .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank PamS15
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I go to Houston every year for Quilt Market and this was my first stay at the Magnolia. I loved it. It was such a friendly, relaxing and comfortable place. I will definitely stay here again. With free wifi, breakfast, happy hour and milk and cookies - it is an excellent value. The shuttle service to and from the convention center was quick and easy.

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for four nights for a convention. Can't be beat for value compared to previous stays at the Hilton. As I can see it,t he only advantage the Hilton has is the enclosed bridge tot he convention center. Magnolia perks included free WiFi, free hot breakfast buffet, free wine/beer happy hour, free milk & cookies in the evening. Comfy beds with a plethora of pillows and spares in the closet. Helpful and friendly staff at desk,in the lounge, and in housekeeping.

It's about a mile to the George Brown Con Center, and we walked every morning we could. Nice start to the day.

Room Tip: From the seventh floor, we could hear a little traffic noise, so higher up might be quieter.