“Excellent amenities and stellar service!!”

Magnolia Hotel Houston
Ranked #41 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at The Magnolia in Houston numerous times and can always get top notch service from Jennifer K. in Sales, Valet and Bellmen, Wait staff and anyone running the front desk. I am generally in town for business but the rare occasion I am able to bring my family the experience is always first class. I have spread the word regarding this hotel to my colleagues and friends and have also hosted a few meetings in the meeting rooms. I am looking forward to my next stay here!

1  Thank Jabbott13
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hey Jabbott13,

Thank you for making us your go-to hotel in Houston! We thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review. We look forward to your next stay, business or pleasure, we'll be here.

Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had a one night stay at the Magnolia while on business in Houston. Overall, it was a nice stay. The hotel location is superb, the breakfast was tasty, and the service was first class. I will stay at this hotel again.

Hey LonelyCruiser,

We're so glad you chose to stay with us, and that you wrote a review! We hope to see you again soon - till then -

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am a Marriott guy through and through, but when I couldn't get into one this past trip to Houston I stayed at the Magnolia. WHAT A WONDERFUL HOTEL. The people that were there are every bit as nice; the rooms are actually somewhat bigger than a traditional Marriott; you could practically do cartwheels in the bathroom of my standard room; they have a free cocktail hour from 5-7 which is great compared to an honor bar at a Marriott; it was close to everything that I needed within a short walking distance; and the gym is on the top floor and the pool is on the roof! I was leery of this place because it didn't have the Marriott name, but boy was this a solid hotel.

Room Tip: The elevators tend to get very busy in the mornings, so the lower you are, the fast you can get down...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave O

Hey Dave,

We know all about customer loyalty. And Marriott was lucky to have you. We're elated you found everything you were looking for and we're proud to be a part of your standard hotel regimen. We won't let you down! We look forward to the next stay -

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Magnolia for a business trip and would highly recommend staying here, the staff was friendly and professional, the rooms were well appointed, clean and a nice size. The breakfast was great so was the reception in the lounge. Will definitely stay here again, and look forward to trying their other locations.

1  Thank Jayne F

Dear Jayne F,

Thank you for staying with us and for noticing all of our awesomeness. We noticed how awesome you are. We look forward to your next stay, where the awesomeness will be overwhelming. Til then -

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were in Houston to celebrate a wedding at the co-cathedral followed by a reception at Minute Maid Park. This hotel and it's staff made a wonderful day, even better. All the other little perks, like the free shuttle, breakfast, happy hour and cookies and milk made our stay in Houston all the more carefree and fun. If you need to be downtown Houston...this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: stay on one of the lower floors. with 20 plus floors, the elevator can be a little slow if you are i...
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank donna b

Hey donna b,

We are beyond happy that you were happy and we thank you for staying with us, and for writing such a glowing review. We look forward to repeating this entire process, soon. Till then -

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My family and I stayed at the Magnolia for one night on a quick leisure trip to Houston. I have stayed many times at the Dallas Magnolia, and wanted to give this historic boutique hotel a try.

Due to a wedding event, we did not experience the lounge. We did not work out, but there is a rooftop pool deck and workout room. We missed all of the food and beverage at the hotel, so I'll leave those to be covered by other reviewers.

Pros
Nicely appointed rooms with comfy beds. My kids did not want to get out of them!
Quiet-no disruptions from other guests; little noise from street (high up)
Good location, particularly if you want to try metro rail to other areas
Wi-Fi for general purposes was free and easy to use.

Cons
Valet parking is pricey, and at check-out times is overwhelmed by demand.
Wi-Fi for heavier use requires $6 per device. (Dallas is free)

I liked it, and would definitely be willing to stay here during my next trip to Houston.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank treyleah

Hey treyleah,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for the balanced review - besides the valet and WIFi fees it seems you dug it. Well thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to the next, soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Magnolia Hotel is such a lovely hotel with a great location. We were able to get around easily and take cabs for little cost because of the central location.The staff and service were exceptional and very accommodating to such a large group of girls. The little extras they provide for their hotel guests is what really makes them stand out. Their breakfast was delicious and who doesn't like free milk and cookies as a bed time treat. Will definitely be returning for some more of those goodies! I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of occasion.

Room Tip: Whether you are traveling with one companion or a larger group, I would highly recommend getting the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leslie H

Hey Leslie H,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a great review. Anytime you want to come back, we'll be here -