Magnolia Hotel Houston
Ranked #39 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was awesome! The room was big and clean. I was also impressed with how big the bathroom was. We enjoyed the evening reception and cookies and my husband really like the breakfast the next day. All of the staff was friendly and eager to offer suggestions for us of places to visit. I am very picky about where I stay and I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hooray! Another guest converted to the Magnolia Side!! Thank you for staying, and thank you for saying what was great about your stay. We'll see you again shortly -

Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel has been here in my city and I was not even aware of it. Centrally and conveniently located, great decor in the rooms and the staff were super friendly. We only stayed a night but were able to witness how good the staff were when it comes to help. We liked the place since it was very clean and breakfast was included which was reasonably including a variety of things that suit you good in the first time during the day...Highly recommended to stay at when in the space city. A+++

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank bryanmantezoni

A+++?!?! We pass!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for writing about it all. Your feedback helps us stay awesome, and lets future guests prepare for the barrage of awesomeness that is guaranteed to hit them once they check-in. Continue being the best.

Cheers,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a beautiful hotel! Very friendly and helpful employees. Hotel was clean and modern. Really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, cookies and milk and wine and beer reception. Not a lot to do in the downtown area so you are kept busy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for staying and thanks for taking time to review. We hope you'll come back soon - till then,

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been staying at the Magnolia for the past ten years to see the Astros baseball games. Again, for a three day weekend, we invited friends to come with us, and they and we thoroughly enjoyed the convenience and location of the Magnolia from Minute Maid Stadium. Everything about the Magnolia is a pleasure for us to stay. We always recommend the Magnolia to our friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are quality
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Our location is great, the free cookies are great, but what really makes our hotel great are return guests like you, who take the time to review, spread the good word, and be amazing. We appreciate it so much, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a seminar in Humble, TX and refused to stay in the middle of nowhere--I'd rather stay at the Mag in downtown Houston and drive the 20 minutes up 59 (reverse traffic flow--yeah!). Brought a friend along and turned it into a two-night girl's get away. The first room they put us in had a backed up sink--there had been heavy rains and road construction downtown, so the back up looked like asphalt. We called and right away they moved our stuff into a new room which was better than the one I paid for.

We had planned to drive out to dinner Friday night, but ended up happily making a meal of half-price appetizers in the lounge. Our server Ashley was very busy and being run ragged, but she was attentive and friendly. The cookies and milk pre-bedtime in the lounge is a nice idea, but the cookies aren't that great. It's the idea of it I guess. Parking is high--just park yourself in the garage across the street or behind the hotel itself. One is $15 for overnight and one is $18--and they are the same garages the Mag uses. Valet can take a long time, so call down early or just do it yourself.

Still, we left our room Saturday morning very reluctantly. Beds were comfy, sheets crisp, pillows firm but puffy. Will go back. The one in Dallas is even better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Great review! In-depth and informative and hooray for reverse traffic flow! We appreciate you choosing us and thank you for taking the time to review - we hope to have you back again soon -

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Houston is a big place,so be sure you choose the right area for your stay...The Magnolia Hotel is perfect for a stay in Downtown Houston..As tourists it's in a good location for all the areas attractions and that usually includes a baseball / basketball game or a concert at the Toyota Center..I would say the Hotel is primary a business hotel..but this assures high standards all round..The King suite was one of the best rooms we have had the pleasure of staying in.
There is building work to one side of the hotel,but do not worry there is no noise disturbance..I hope it dosn't spoil the views once the new building is finished as the excellent roof top swimming pool has the best views of Houston.

Room Tip: Not sure how big the standard rooms are..but I would always recommend high floor suites in big towns...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan_w186403

We're so happy you had such a great time and yes, the views from the roof are spectacular! Thanks for sharing, thanks for staying, and thanks for being awesome.

We look forward to the next installment of awesomeness -

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was traveling on business at this hotel, upon checking out I arrived home and discovered I left a pair of brand new shoes in my room. I immediately called the hotel and the front desk attendant went up to the room and found the shoes. He told me they would ship them to me at my expense. I provided a credit card number and my shipping address. Three weeks later I still have no shoes and I've called and spoken to the supervisor of house keeping and manager who was quite rude and proceeded to put me on hold when I told her I called and was placed on hold for 20 minutes already.

I've still not received my shoes and will never stay at a magnolia again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Dionrene

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience. We have forwarded this onto the management.

Regards,