“Great Hotel With Complimentary Services”

Magnolia Hotel Houston
Ranked #27 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Hotel With Complimentary Services”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Magnolia while visiting the Houston area and attending the Beyonce/Jay-Z concert. This hotel was selected due to a friend's recommendation and the close proximity of Minute Maid Park. I normally stay at Marriott properties since I'm a Rewards member. But the Magnolia held up to my Marriott standards and a little more. I booked a few months in advance and got a great rate with the Trip Advisor promo code.

On arrival, I received a complimentary upgrade to a Studio suite, which had a small kitchen area. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were a plus! The roof-top pool is very small, but the view is awesome. The fitness room offers several options for getting your workout in. The staff was so nice and accommodating. The only con was paying almost $30 per night for valet parking. But that's usually the norm with any downtown hotel. If in the area again, I would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sugardoll80
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
We love the HOV! Thanks for choosing us for your launching pad, and we hope we get to do it again soon!

best,
Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Magnolia for its walking convenience to Minute Maid Park for a concert. I will come back for the fantastic service and quality. I wish I could have been there for the cookies and milk service, next time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for staying and thanks for reviewing. We hope to see you again and this time we hope the cookies make it too!

Best,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We came in from San Antonio and Corpus Christi, TX to attend the Beyonce and Jay-Z tour. Thankfully we booked as soon as we purchased our concert tickets and used my AAA discount. We were able to reserve the room at a great rate. It was worth every penny, great location, superb customer service from reserving the room over the phone up until check-out. Everything and everyone in between were great. Clean rooms, great happy hour, best complimentary breakfast and I didn't get to take advantage of the cookies and milk that they offered but that sounds sweet! Thank you Magnolia, I'll see you again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bobbie T
We're so happy to be the homebase for these awesome shows! It's a pleasure to serve you and we hope we get to do it again soon. Till then,

Cheers,
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Good location for conference center and arena. Rooms were clean and bed was big and confortable. People @desk were helpful (printing flight booking and other papers etc.)

Breakfast wasn't what i'm used for, but you can survive couple of hours with that. Coffee was good.

Room Tip: There was constuction going on at neigbourhood and that noice was loud still 19th floor. Check neigh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying and thanks for reviewing. Your comments in regards to noise level has been noted. We hope to have you back again soon.

Regards,
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Magnolia in Houston for my first time. The Magnolia is definitely a "boutique" hotel. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. My bed was firm and comfortable and the room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was great. Room service was prompt and tasty. I have only one gripe: as with many "high end" hotels, the business center charges for computer time. I do not like being nickle and dimed when I need to print out a few documents. However, the outcome was good - the front desk printed my document when I emailed to the front desk. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for choosing us and thanks for reviewing us. Your comments in regards to the business center has been noted and we thank you for your feedback. We hope your next stay with us is even better - till then,

Best,
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Staying at the Magnolia is part of an Astros game experience for us. The breakfast is delicious, the evening happy hour is convenient and fun, and the cookies in the evening are the best. We walked to the game and also to dinner. If we hadn't been exhausted from all of that fun, we could have chosen from any number of nearby opportunities for nightlife. The rooms are always beautiful and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sounds like a great time! We're pleased to serve as your homebase and look forward to doing so in the future. Till then,

Cheers,
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel in Houston for a week when he was relocating. The front desk was outstanding, printing documents and arranging for FedEx when I had a work emergency. the room was nice, the bed comfortable and very clean.

Room Tip: There is a construction site across the street, fortunately we were able to switch rooms. The Intern...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us and thanks for reviewing us as well. We use these reviews to ensure that we're doing a good job, and it's nice to get confirmation. We look forward to your next stay -

best,