“The best part of my birthday!”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8,451 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chama never ceases to make me smile. My family and friends treated me to a meal at Chama for my birthday. That was the highlight of my week. The food was fresh and delicious as always, and service was superb! The best restaurant in Houston as far as I'm concerned.

1  Thank AbeMovingForward

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I love Brazillian food. We have gone since one of our very first dates. We had quadruplets in January and after a long NICU battle, and lots of sleepless nights, we found ourselves and our babies back in the city one weekend. Usually, we go to a different, smaller Brazillian steakhouse outside the beltway on Westheimer. Unfortunately, when I called and explained our situation to them, that we would like to come in after our babies are asleep and would need room to park two double strollers, they told us they couldn't reserve a table for us, but to just come in. When we arrived, they said we were too late and they couldn't seat us. So I called Chama Gaucha with the situation. They were MORE than accommodating! The lady made a reservation for us on the spot and was waiting for us when we arrived.

She took us to a table where we could hide our strollers from other patrons and one that wasn't too close to other diners. Our waitress tended to every single need we had and anticipated them ahead of time. She was respectful of our babies but did acknowledge them and congratulate us.

The Brazillian Lemonade was amazing! We loved the salad bar and they had the famous Brazillian Strawberry Salad my husband loves.We had a fabulous meal and absolutely no complaints from us. The meal and the atmosphere was awesome. In comparison to the other restaurant that we USED to go to, Chama Gaucha did not have as wide a selection of meats to offer. The salad bar knocked them out of the park. The side dishes (but who's really going for side dishes) were not quite as impressive. The beans lacked flavor in comparison.

Overall, we loved Chama Gaucha and plan to be back next time we're in the city. When we left, we were already stuffed but they brought us out a Tres Leches for dessert with "Congratulations" written on the plate. We had to take it to go, but I assure you, when we dined on it the next day, it was fabulous.

You should check this place out! Talk to them! They'll do their best to accommodate your needs!

1  Thank Misty A
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Me and my wife really enjoyed this meal for our anniversary, a little on the pricey side as all Brazilian steakhouses but these guys kept the meats coming and we enjoyed our cake. Only downside was the drinks I think our waiter gave us nasty drinks to try not necessarily his fault but we did not enjoy their beverages, other than that a slam dunk.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Delicious, quality of meat is very good, atmosphere is great also.
I was dissapointed because I had a reservation, but still waited for 30 mins, pulse when we sat down, the waiters kept feeding us so quickly as to get rid of us quick!!!! Don't go on Fri or Sat.

1  Thank 402Alex
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Everything from the endless salad bar to the cocktails to the amazing food (lamb was my favorite) to the service was impeccable. Can't wait to go back. Highly recommend for a nice dinner date or even a large gathering.