Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Houstonian(Houston)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroom facing the highwayjack in the boxhot tubfrontage roadroad noiseindoor poolthe breakfast arearooms are spaciousstayed nightsfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againgalleria areagriseldahurricaneharveyunitscereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I felt very welcome at this hotel and the staff was very friendly. Lovette, the front desk clerk was especially helpful and made this stay worth writing a review about. The indoor pool was nice and warm and the bed comfortable. Not to mention, I ate a cinnamon roll every morning.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel to reduce any highway noise you may encounter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thanks for the great compliments. I will make sure Lovette gets a chance to read your comments. I know the good comments will make her day. The Cinnamon rolls are so good any chance I get to stay at an express I grab me one too. We know you have many choice when staying in Houston hopefully you will stay with us next time.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful and they gave us a very early check-in which we appreciated.The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The decor is a little dated, but very adequate. The heater and toilet were noisy. The worse problem was a barking dog in a nearby room, but I suppose that is not the hotel's fault :( The breakfast was hot-- the standard HI Express fare. (I love their pancakes.) Overall, it was a comfortable place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Tried this hotel on a recent monthly trip to Houston. Check in was a little slow because they did not have clean rooms ready. I did get recognized at a Platinum PC member and received a nice gift bag at check in. When I exited the elevator for my floor I was overwhelmed with the smell of air freshener (very strong). The room was a good size with a microwave and refrigerator but could use some updating. The furniture, fixtures and soft goods are outdates compared to what is seem with renovated and new HI Express hotels. It was hot outside and they had the a/c on when I entered the room, which was nice. The ceiling had cracks and looks like there were botched repair work. The carpet could use some cleaning. The bathroom is small and could use some updating. Breakfast was a little disappointing - I prefer waffles and thee was a pancake machine. All the other food looked a little dried out so I just had juice (not competitive with competing brands). Overall this is a good HI Express that is clean but could pay more attention to detail. Example - Dead plants at the exterior entrance. Heavy bruised apples in the lobby and some of the work seen around the hotel doesn’t look to be completed by someone who is a professional at repairs and renovation. I had future reservations but decided to switch my stays to another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel recently, while visiting from London. The hotel was perfect for our needs, the room was large, and the fridge was a welcome addition. There was no noise whatsoever from I10. The bed linen was changed daily and the room cleaned beautifully. Breakfast was plentiful - no excuse for going hungry ! The reception staff were wonderfully helpful and very friendly. We would not hesitate to return on our next trip. True, the view is not wonderful, but who wants to sit in their hotel room all day looking out of the window !

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel is located right on interstate 10, which means that you can hear noise from the highway. The location is OK, close to downtown Houston. The rooms are not too renovated, as the furniture is dated. Also, the hallways and rooms feel quite stuffy and dirty. Overall, the hotel is not clean. The breakfast is good, with cinnamon rolls, eggs, ham, etc. I would try a different hotel next time I visit Houston.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Holly R,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your stay. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed breakfast. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments regarding the room and housekeeping are very troubling. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused you. Rest assured these will certainly be looked into.

Although your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you will give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D