“Family Getaway Weekend”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area
Ranked #273 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Normally this is a favorite get away hotel for a weekend. It's not the Westin, but it is clean and very family friendly. The staff is also very pleasant. However,. this past weekend I had to shower in tepid water. I really hated that. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said that the hotel had been having problems with the boiler. I wasn't offered anything to compensate for my inconvenience. Apparently this is an ongoing problem. The beds in my queen suite were less comfortable then the beds in a regular room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Rebecca J,

Thank you for your review. We certainly apologize for the hot water issue and for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. We understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good staff, good food, but has maintenance issues. One working elevator, no hot water in sink sometimes, no water at all for a couple of hours one time, a water saving commode that had so little water swirling around the bowl that you had to hand clean it after each use, multiple trips to front desk because the drink labels on the machine were wrong (i.e. you never knew what drink may pop out.) The price went up by $10 each night for 3 nights??? All in all----I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear MikeMc10,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the issues with the plumbing prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the perfect score for the Service you received. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. The rooms were nice, but the mattress were a little too firm, the shower had little to almost no hot water so the shower wasn't very pleasant and to top it all off we stayed on da 6th floor with only one working elevator. Overall it was convenient to downtown and the nightclub we went to.

• Stayed: September 2013
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Sorry your stay wasn't perfect. We are in the process of changing our entire hot water system and we had one elevator down for maintenance during your stay. We'd love for you to come back and see enjoy our new and improved hot water system.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel 5 nights - but I was on the back side from the freeway - good hotel - good staff. I came back the next week and was assigned a room on the freeway side. Wow - better than Nascar. I felt I was right beside the racetrack. They did let me change rooms. Be sure and ask for a room away from the track.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Karl1066,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for always choosing our hotel when you are in the area. I sincerely apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

The manager even offered to assist with my bags. We had a great stay. The breakfast was very good and it was close to the Galleria and downtown. We stayed 4 nights and the staff was very friendly. We booked again to visit my daughter for Thanksgiving. I was offered an upgrade to a suite since I was going to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013
edgarcia79, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. We value your opinions and we are happy you had a great stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express on our way to San Antonio on May 11 2013. It was easy to find with close access to I-10. The rooms were clean and the employees were very friendly. They have a decent breakfast. The only down fall would be the lack of dinner places nearby. We don't know our way around Houston and wanted something close with in walking distance. Our only choice was Jack in the Box which is next door. I have nothing against Jack in the Box. But I would have preferred a different restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susanne209
edgarcia79, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel. The restaurants are somewhat hidden. Our knowledgable front desk would be glad to assist you with maps and directions to nearby restaurants. We are near the Galleria area which offers a wonderful selection of shopping and dining options. There are also restaurants further down West on I10. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have stayed at this location every time I'm in Houston for business. Shame on me for not writing a review in the past. Every time that I have stayed here, I have experience the most proffesional customer service from the the whole staff. Lovette, Griselda and the Maintenance guy Agustin are wonderful persons and their proffesionalism exceeds expectations. They are great assets for this location. They are the reason I continue to stay at this location. I feel very comfortable when they are there.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have gotten are very comfortable. The rooms on the south are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking time to leave a review. Please let us know how we can make your next stay better.