Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area
Ranked #231 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Zachary, Louisiana
“Dated but clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel had friendly front desk staff, and nice lobby area. Our room was a bit out dated/aged but clean. Good location close to the freeway. It was located on the back side of the building, I did not notice freeway noise. Breakfast area was clean and breakfast well maintained. My granddaughter enjoyed the pancake maker.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the back side of the building to reduce noise form the freeway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear LandonAndCristy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel having nice lobby and friendly front desk. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is by far one of the most difficult hotels that I've stayed at to rate. Reason being that it's got it's fair shares of pro's and con's which is why I gave it an "average" rating.

Pro's: Conveniently located off I-10 near 610 junction and across from Edwards Theaters multiplex. Affordable room rates and very friendly staff. This is what I liked the most about this place; staff friendliness. This Holiday Inn location had adequate parking spaces versus other Houston hotels that I've stayed at. All the electronics were fully functional and great wifi connectivity.

Con's: I stayed on the 5th floor facing I-10 and boy could you hear the traffic. The noise issue was very apparent anytime a motorcycle or "sport car" would speed on by. The decor is a bit outdated, but I understand that this is an older Holiday Inn Express. I think if they updated the carpet and bedding the room would look a lot nicer. The furniture could also use some updating, but it's not outdated enough to give the room a tacky look.

Another item that I'd like to add under the "con's" is that this is the only Houston Holiday Inn location that did not give me a "free gift" for being a rewards member. Granted the "free gift" at many locations may consist of bottled water, chips and candy, but still. lol

So all in all if you're looking for a convenient location to stay at without breaking the bank this is your place. The staff will make you feel very much at home. While I did not eat the breakfast I saw many in the lobby helping themselves. So the free breakfast must be good.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to try a room that is not facing I-10.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Gilbert U
Helsinki
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Bit out-dated and rough on the edges, but service was good and location was extremely convenient for my travels. Proper gym would be great. All the services were near and convenient. Quite place, even though freeway runs right next to it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear TTUHelsinki,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am pleased to know that you found the hotel's location perfect for your travel needs and you were satisfied with the service received from our staff. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

I am sorry that you found that our facility is a bit out dated. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be of service to you in your next travel to the area.

Best Regards,

John O
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotel is located just near junction of 610 and I10 on West side of Houston so provides easy access to West Houston locations. Also means some traffic noise in rooms that face I10. Hotel is clean and well maintained if a little dated. Staff are helpful and friendly. Usual Holiday Inn Express amenities available (ie free breakfast, pool, etc). Bed was very comfy.

Room Tip: Rooms on side away from I10 quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you are heading West on you travels, this hotel is a great location. You're morning traffic is going east into Houston. This Holiday Inn Exp. is just one block back from the freeway but is very quiet.
You well enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Normally this is a favorite get away hotel for a weekend. It's not the Westin, but it is clean and very family friendly. The staff is also very pleasant. However,. this past weekend I had to shower in tepid water. I really hated that. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said that the hotel had been having problems with the boiler. I wasn't offered anything to compensate for my inconvenience. Apparently this is an ongoing problem. The beds in my queen suite were less comfortable then the beds in a regular room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Rebecca J,

Thank you for your review. We certainly apologize for the hot water issue and for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. We understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good staff, good food, but has maintenance issues. One working elevator, no hot water in sink sometimes, no water at all for a couple of hours one time, a water saving commode that had so little water swirling around the bowl that you had to hand clean it after each use, multiple trips to front desk because the drink labels on the machine were wrong (i.e. you never knew what drink may pop out.) The price went up by $10 each night for 3 nights??? All in all----I would never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear MikeMc10,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the issues with the plumbing prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the perfect score for the Service you received. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels