The hotel is just fine. An old building has been redone to accommodate a modern hotel. The rooms are fairly spacious with modern conveniences including a dorm-style refrigerator and free wi-fi. The lavatory is outside the room containing the tub/shower and commode. Therefore, noise and light can be problems for those sleeping while others are using the lavatory and hair dryer.
The public areas are spartan. The furniture is not particularly comfortable. There are limited breakfast and lunch selections, as well as room service. There is no bar. Platinum amenities of breakfast and afternoon snacks are not available.
My wife and daughter used the gym and found it to be more than adequate. They said the outdoor pool looked nice too.
Part of the problem with any hotel in downtown Houston is just that, downtown Houston. The place is dead. I can't believe that Houston is the fourth largest United States city. There are few shopping opportunities, few restaurants, few churches, and very few sights to see. Most of the town consists of office buildings. There is little motor or pedestrian traffic, even on Black Friday. An occasional vagrant asks for money. Taxis do not line up in front of hotels, even the Four Seasons. The bellman must phone for one.
So, if you find yourself staying in downtown Houston, the Courtyard will do. You will have most of the amenities that you expect. The place is clean, and the staff are friendly, although not terribly knowledgeable.
One might ask why we were in Houston. We went to the Bill O'Reilly Dennis Miller show at the Hobby Center. The lady at the desk had to check her resources before she could even point us in the direction of the Hobby Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Courtyard
- Houston Marriott