My husband and I stayed here for a weekend to watch an event at the Toyota Center. The proximity to the event was wonderful. We were just a few blocks away which saved us time and money.
The hotel is a wonderful use of an older building. We had a corner room, which was extremely spacious and flooded with natural light because of the two windows. The high ceilings and roomy layout made for a very nice stay. The room was also very clean, and the furnishing/linens in great shape.
We ate one dinner and two breakfasts in the bistro. The food was good and reasonably priced. We didn't experience a significant delay in receiving our food, even though they were quite busy during the breakfast hour.
The staff was very nice and accomodating. They recommended a mexican restaurant down the road that was delicious.
Besides being close to the Toyota Center, the location leaves some things to be desired. Downtown Houston apparently closes down for the weekend at 6pm on Friday. There was almost nothing to do in the area, beyond a few restaurants. Also, there is a pretty hefty homeless population that gather next door. This made walking around at night very uncomfortable.
I recommend this hotel for anyone doing business in the immediate area or coming for an event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard