I meet this review with mixed feelings. First, the hotel met my our family needs on a recent visit. It is conveniently located to the light rail system, the downtown tunnels, sporting venues and convention center. The staff was great and the rooms inviting. This building is the old Humble Building built in 1921. It was a nostalgic trip for my family as my father worked in the building in the 50's and 60's. Therefore, the emotional ties to this property maybe too positively slanted. We loved staying here and the opportunity to explore downtown Houston. But there is one glaring problem that the hotel needs to address--VALET PARKING! The charge is $30 a night (tax included). We had to wait multiple times for 30 minutes or more for them to bring our car and often times they came back saying they couldn't find the car. The valet service is contracted out and not run by Marriott, but it made our stay at the hotel stressful as we tried to get to our appointments on time. If you don't need a car, then I highly recommend a stay here (or the Residence Inn adjoining this property). Otherwise, the recommendation goes to 1 star because of the inability of controlling your transportation needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard