Check-in was fast and friendly and the valet was efficient (although I only needed to retrieve my car one time during an early checkout). It seems as if this hotel has had valet problems in the past, but it worked out fine for me, although the $30 fee is pricey.
The rooms were very clean and the bed comfortable, but the angle of the TV was a little awkward and the comfort of the couch less than idea. Also, the sink is outside the shower/toilet area, which I find to be an inconvenience. For those who like mini-bars, there didn't seem to be any items available and there were no vending machines on each floor, as is customary at other Marriott Courtyards. Also, keep in mind that breakfast is not provided free.
As for location, this hotel provides convenient access to many destinations, including the convention center and sports stadiums. However, there isn't much open around the hotel at night, but that seems to be the case for most of the downtown area. In other words, don't forget to eat before you return to the hotel at night.
The star of this hotel is the workout area, which has a variety of cardio and machines as well as free weights ranging up to 50 lbs. Although unused, the pool area and hot tub also seemed appealing.
If you're going to workout or use the pool, the Courtyard Houston Downtown is recommended, especially if the minor room inconveniences do not bother you. Otherwise, it might be worthwhile to shop around. That's not to say this hotel doesn't merit a stay, but it doesn't exceed the minimum expectations for an establishment of its class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard