“August visit”

Ranked #129 of 290 things to do in Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“August visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I think that the old saying 'Mad dogs and Englishman go out in the midday sun' is correct in my case.
Mid August and I cycled the 30 minutes from my hotel to the Edith. L. Moore sanctuary and found myself pretty much alone.
Not even the animals were going to brave the heat but that being said I still thoroughly enjoyed my amble around the trails.
I saw quite a few birds flitting about, the usual squirrels and the occasional rabbit so it wasn't a disappointment (although I would have loved to have seen an armadillo).
The highlight was the still pool with its beautiful decking area. I sat and watched hundreds of tiny fish darting around and snapped photos of the lush foliage quite contentedly.
Just before I left I was surprised to see a tortoise just mooching about. I finally had a critter that would stay still long enough for me to get a photo!
I left very happy for the experiance.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Neil H

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Beautiful venue and trails easy to find. Wildlife is everywhere for example my friends and I saw 2 armadillos just walking around they didnt even seem bothered by our appereance.

Visited April 2013