The Hilton Houston Americas is an extraordinarty hotel. It is the best Hilton brand property I have ever stayed at. The hotel is giagantic and spacious. The rooms are modern and masculine. The bed was incredible. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. Prices are in keeping with a good hotel so this is not a bargain lovers dream, unless you come when a conference or sporting event is not in downtown Houston.
The pool is the best I have ever seen in any hotel, period. A real lap pool with a hot tub that actually fits the number of guests who might use it in a hotel of this size. The gym is amongst the best. The outside roof desk an incredible ammenity. And the in-house spa has reasonable prices, with a $10 day pass to use the steam roon, locker room, and sauna, an incredible value.
One sore point: the UPS branded business center charges exorbanent prices for incoming packages, is ineffenciently set up, and has staff members who are cheerful but who do not understand the needs of a buisiness traveler. I was called to say a package was ready for pick up only to be told that packages are stored in an off site area until the guest comes in to retrieve them. Shocked, I waited 20 minutes for my box to be brought up from somewhere I was told over and over again I was not allowed to go to if I wanted to get the box myself. When the box arrived the clerk said because of all of my questions she was charging me $25 instead of the usual $12. Shocked again, I had no choice but to pay the fee as the conference I was attending was starting in 10 minutes. I would have sent my packages to the convention center directly had I known that the system in the buisness center was so time consuming.
Aside from the business center,which I hope management fixes to be a fully functioning one where packages are actually stored on site for quick retrieval, this is a Hilton of distinction and worth staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton