“WEEKEND GETAWAY!”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #8 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just wanted to relax for the weekend. Hilton Americas-Houston was the right place to be called home for the weekend. Hilton Americas-Houston I think is one of the coolest hotels in Houston with handsome exterior and contemporary interior. It is located by the Toyota Center & the Discovery Green Park. The lobby is lavish and spacious and a spectacular Venetian glass chandelier proudly welcomes you.
We love the large windows in our room. We enjoyed the infinity indoor pool. We enjoyed swimming and enjoyed the city’s spectacular panoramic view at the same time. If you are looking for your shooting star, go to the Skyline Terrace located at the 24th floor. That's my favorite place in the hotel. The place offers life’s simple pleasures, like stargazing, sun-basking or just enjoying the awesome city view.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Great customer service. Highly recommended. We wouldn't wanna spend our weekend any other way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hadi628
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Hadi628,

Thank you for sharing your weekend getaway at the Hilton Americas-Houston on TripAdvisor.

We feel privileged that you chose us for your weekend getaway and you were able to enjoy the many amenities and great service we strive to consistently provide our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you for another getaway.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Walking distance from the convention center, baseball and basketball arena. Just in front of a park. Has a great pool and spa. Was there for a training seminar. Room was comfortable and food was very good. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear traveler14830,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

In addition to being close to the George R. Brown Convention Center, great sports venues and Discovery Green, we are also a few blocks from the Greenstreet dining and entertainment complex. Both the museum and theater districts are also nearby. We are pleased you had time to enjoy our rooftop pool and Skyline Spa & Health Club.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has easy access to the convention and very nice meeting rooms. The sessions held at the Hotel were well accommodated and the meals served were delicious. The staff are friend and helpful. The rooms were very nice and the gym has fantastic city views from the 23rd floor.

• Stayed: October 2013
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear mrsadiaz,

Thank you for staying with us while attending your conference and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We do have a convenient location and do not take this for granted. We always want our guests to feel cared for, valued and respected. We appreciate knowing when we have achieved this goal.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel was great. Hilton usually does a decent job with their convention properties but they did an amazing job with this hotel. The rooms were huge and well appointed. Even the work desk was nicer than the normal fare. We were upgraded to the executive level so were able to visit the lounge area which was very large and nice as well. The best part of the hotel to me was the sky deck outside of the pool level. Great views of downtown Houston as well as the different pockets of the city such as the Galleria and the Medical Center campus. The only thing that could have made that better would have been a bar. Overall great hotel in a prime location. Will be staying here again on future trips to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Charles C,

Thank you for making us one of your favorite Hilton hotels.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my fiance while he was attending a conference. The hotel is very modern and extremely large. The cost of food and beverage was a bit pricy, but very good. If you decide to have breakfast, ask for Norman. He is a wonderful server and makes a killer bloody mary! The rooftop deck was the main attraction for myself. We purchased a couple bottles of wine and made our way upstairs to the 24th floor. The view was breathtaking. I highly recommend!

Dear Kristel H,

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor and recognizing Norman from our Cafe. We will be sure to share your comments with him.

Thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation to others.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very good hotel to stay at. Next door to the convention center, Toyota Center (Houston Rockets), Minute Mid Park (Houston Astros) and BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston Dynamos). It is walking distance to all of those activities as well as downtown. There is a very nice park (Discovery Green) across the street. The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was great. Breakfast was very good, a bit pricey. The supper we had was not anything special, although the desserts were awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking toward Discovery Green park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Ryan T,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

As you highlighted, our location in Downtown Houston is ideal for travelers with all the exciting attractions and entertainment available.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while attending a convention next door. It was very convenient and the room was ok, nothing spectacular but it was clean and a place to crash after being in sessions all day. I really appreciated the skywalk between the hotel and the center.

The elevators were the smoothest elevators I have been in my entire life. Once I had not even noticed that it was moving until I heard the beep of passing floors. Most of the elevators were like this and I was on the 14th floor so it wasn't a quick trip.

This is the only hotel I have been in that had a floor numbered 13. Just noticed this, doesn't bother me.

I like a firm bed and this bed was very soft. Most people would love it, as reviewed but for me it was not comfortable. I didn't sleep very well but that is a personnel perference, not the hotel's fault. I am also wierd that I like a shower head which beats me to death with pressure, not a rainshower type which is in this hotel. I did appreciate that the shower head was very high up, I'm tall and usually am hit in the chest with the water. Soaps etc were nice.

I ate room service [a good burger/fries] for $26. Expected to pay this much, its' room service after all. Next night ate early, right when they opened in the Cafe. Had a flatiron steak the size of my palm and three steak fries. Not two or four, three. $32. Steak was tough as shoe leather and the service was very poor. Staff were late and they were complaining about it publicly. I actually heard one staff complain that I should not be there so early and I was a "pain". They open at 5, serve me when you open or change your time. I went in about l 5:15, needless to say, I didn't eat there again.

I would stay there again for the convenience but would plan my meals outside the hotel. Also strange, I went to the hotel store and sodas were $2.99. They were $2.00 in the vending area on my floor. Guess where I bought my morning caffine fix? Not in the store...

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1459. Stay in this tower if you are convention bound, much less walking which you w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Julie L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay at the Hilton Americas-Houston on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you highlighting areas where you felt we provided a quality experience and areas where we could have done better, such as in The Cafe. Our apology for your evening meal not being close to what you had expected.

We have shared your review with our entire team as it is important for all of us to receive feedback. We do not want to be a "typical" convention hotel, we want to be the "best" convention hotel.

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.