“Good times in Houston”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good times in Houston”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business last weekend. It was clean, safe and an overall very good experience. We were upgraded to a bigger room when the front desk staff saw I brought two family members with me. That was much appreciated. Everything was taken care of quickly and professionally when I made a request.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

We look forward to your return,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Love the lobby. Guest room is spacious and comfortable. Fitness center is nice. Hotel is within walking distance of several great restaurants and connected to the convention center. The park across the street is a terrific place for a morning walk.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear FLplanner08,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Americas-Houston.

We look forward to your return. Thank you for staying with us.

Waco, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is great! Centrally located with convention center and Toyota Center right across the street while the baseball stadium is just a few blocks away. There are restaurants and shops all over, not to mention the terrific ones right in the hotel. There is also a large park right across the street to relax and take in mother nature. Rooms are a good size, the bathrooms are pretty standard. The service was excellent- all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. I stayed here during the NBA All-Star weekend, and even while it was absolutely packed, service still remained consistent; It didn't even take that long to get my rental car. Overall I had a very good experience staying here, and would recommend it to anyone staying in Houston.

Room Tip: On the East side
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Con J,

Thank you for sharing your great Hilton Americas-Houston experience over the NBA All Star weekend on TripAdvisor.

It was truly an exciting time for our guests, our hotel and the City of Houston.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you and other exciting national and international sporting events in the future.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here for business recently. This wasn't my first time here, but I don't think I'd written anything about it.

Checking in is always a challenge, especially when it's for a conference, as this was. The driveway for dropping off your car can be a mess. It's only two car widths wide, and that's just not enough for a hotel this size. But as I was not planning to use my car until I checked out, I just left the car and got out with my luggage.

The parking charges are a racket. $32 for valet parking per night. If I had parked it myself and left it in the garage I believe the rate was $10 cheaper. Still a lot of money to pay just to have a car sit.

I'm a member of their rewards program, so I was on a floor especially for those guests. I didn't really see the advantage of it. A bottle of water was still a $5 joke. Otherwise the room was just fine. I'm not sure about what's the big deal about Hilton beds. Mine was a lumpy mess. I said as much when I checked out, but I was given nothing more than a dismissive snort.

My biggest peeve here -- and I'm sure I've included it in other reviews -- was the charge for wireless internet. Why is it when you go to higher-priced hotels -- prices supposedly paid for more amenities -- the charge for the wireless internet also goes up? I was charged $14.95 per day and -- get this -- PER DEVICE! I didn't realize this was the case, so when I was checking out I almost shouted, "What!?" I said I was not about to pay that and asked to speak to someone. No need, as the person at the counter promptly removed it for me. So on top of the already steep, over $200 room charge I was also paying almost $50 more just for leaving my car in a garage and using wireless internet.

The only advantage to staying here for a conference is that the hotel is connected via a skywalk to the convention center next door. I have another conference there in April, but I think I'll be going one block further and staying in a different hotel that will be much less expensive but has the same amenities.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you can.
Green Features: Good in theory, but I witnessed a housekeeper dumping materials supposedly for recycling into the trash. And my towels were changed even though I did not put them on the floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PhilipNTx
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear PhilipNtx,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

Our apology that our very popular Waldorf Astoria bedding was not to your preference as well as for the charges for multiple devices. We are working with our internet provider to avoid the multiple charges from occurring in the future. In the interim, we have asked our guests to let us know if they incur this charge so we can make sure they are adjusted as was did for you when brought to our attention.

Consistent with the Hilton full service brand hotels, we offer complimentary internet access for all Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond status guests, AT&T U-verse subscribers and guests staying in our Executive Level rooms. In addition, complimentary internet is available throughout the hotel lobby and our connectivity station is also available and very convenient.

We appreciate your continued visits to our AAA four diamond rated hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is enormous! Centrally located with convention center and Toyota Center right across the street while the baseball stadium is just a few blocks away. There are restaurants and shops all over, not to mention the terrific ones right in the hotel. There is also a large park right across the street to relax and take in mother nature. Rooms are a good size, the bathrooms are pretty standard. The service was excellent- all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. I stayed here during the NBA All-Star weekend, and even while it was absolutely packed, service still remained consistent; It didn't even take that long to get my rental car. Overall I had a very good experience staying here, and would recommend it to anyone staying in Houston.

Room Tip: Take the skybridge to the convention center, there is a Starbucks as soon as you walk in.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KevRitch
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear KevRich,

Thank you for your feedback and naming us "The best hotel in Houston".

We really appreciate you recognizing our team for the level of service they provided you during your stay. it truly was a very exciting weekend for all of us.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back with us again soon.

Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just wanted to relax for the weekend. Hilton Americas-Houston was the right place to be called home for the weekend. Hilton Americas-Houston I think is one of the coolest hotels in Houston with handsome exterior and contemporary interior. It is located by the Toyota Center & the Discovery Green Park. The lobby is lavish and spacious and a spectacular Venetian glass chandelier proudly welcomes you.
We love the large windows in our room. We enjoyed the infinity indoor pool. We enjoyed swimming and enjoyed the city’s spectacular panoramic view at the same time. If you are looking for your shooting star, go to the Skyline Terrace located at the 24th floor. That's my favorite place in the hotel. The place offers life’s simple pleasures, like stargazing, sun-basking or just enjoying the awesome city view.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Great customer service. Highly recommended. We wouldn't wanna spend our weekend any other way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hadi628
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Hadi628,

Thank you for sharing your weekend getaway at the Hilton Americas-Houston on TripAdvisor.

We feel privileged that you chose us for your weekend getaway and you were able to enjoy the many amenities and great service we strive to consistently provide our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you for another getaway.

Corning, New York
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Walking distance from the convention center, baseball and basketball arena. Just in front of a park. Has a great pool and spa. Was there for a training seminar. Room was comfortable and food was very good. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear traveler14830,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

In addition to being close to the George R. Brown Convention Center, great sports venues and Discovery Green, we are also a few blocks from the Greenstreet dining and entertainment complex. Both the museum and theater districts are also nearby. We are pleased you had time to enjoy our rooftop pool and Skyline Spa & Health Club.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.