“very convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
columbia, md, United States
“very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Outstanding fitness center and pool on rooftop area with nice views, great meeting area/lounge, quiet room, and friendly,competent staff. Convenient interior walkway to new convention center. Starbucks in lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear James L,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed the many amenities we offer our guests along with friendly service from our team.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am only giving this 4 starts because of an incident I had as soon as I arrived. I arrived a little after midnight to the hotel and once I got my key I went to my room. At least I thought it was my room. As soon as I entered the hotel room I noticed the bed looked a little messy and promptly realized that was because SOMEONE ELSE WAS IN THE BED!

Needless to say I was a bit upset about this situation and immediately went back downstairs where the guy who gave me my key apologized and knocked 1/2 the cost of my night off. I can't believe that was all they offered me for such a huge screwup, but oh well. This is in Texas and I am just happy I wasn't shot upon walking into someones hotel at 12:30 at night!

Anyway, the next day the manager sent up a bottle of wine (2012....fancy), and some fruit along with a typed out letter that is probably their standard letter they send out when things go wrong.

Besides from that incident this is a very nice hotel with a wonderful bar/lounge area and the restaurants very nice as well. Rooms are awesome, health center and spa are awesome, just an overall nice looking hotel.

If it wasn't for the huge incident when I first arrived I would definitely give them 5 starts.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Queawtik
Dear Quewtik,

Our sincere apology for the error which occurred during check in. The safety of our guests is a top priority and we have addressed your experience with our team.
We would have hoped that if you were not completely pleased with our efforts to make it right, that you would have let us know at the time as we would not want you leaving feeling this was not properly addressed.

We are pleased that the remainder of your stay was pleasant and we hope for another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you for staying with us and again our apology.

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is next to Toyota Center, where we attended the Eagles Concert. I was a tourist in my own town as I live about an hour from the hotel. I will stay there again for the next concert that I attend. The prior concert was 30 years ago, so I hope I will attend one sooner this time. The hotel makes it easy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Rebecca J,

We are pleased that the Hilton Americas-Houston was such a lovely place for you. Our goal is for our guests to feel cared for, valued and respected...any time of year, you can find it here.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon for any special occasion or event that brings you to Downtown Houston.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We held our 2014 Convention at this hotel and I highly recommend this property for any convention business you may have in the Southwest Region of the United States. As an event manager, it is extremely important that the host property is able to successfully execute while the group is onsite - that means that the hotel is prepared (properly staffed), attentive (pays attention to the group’s needs), and flexible (able to meet challenges). The Hilton Americas exceeded our expectations and contributed to the success of our event. Besides the wonderful Event, Banquet, and Culinary staff, the hotel is incredibly maintained. The sleeping rooms are well equipped to meet the needs of today’s traveler; the restaurant provides a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere to enjoy a meal; and the Lobby Bar is a great place for relaxing and networking at the end of the day, As our guests traveled throughout the hotel they were never far from courteous staff members that were able to assist while offering a warm Southern smile! I will continue coming back to this property – the level of customer service is outstanding!

Room Tip: Since we used the built in Registration counter on the 4th floor, having a room in the East Tower wa...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Scilla1234,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay and conference experience on TripAdvisor.

The level of detail you provided about the hotel and the recognition of our team in a variety of areas is appreciated.

It was a pleasure serving you and your guests and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had an overnight stay at Hilton Americas-Houston and were so impressed! It is a beautiful hotel with great service and a very kind and attentive staff. Because we checked in later on Saturday and there was availability, they upgraded our room for us at no charge. The room was clean and quiet. We had a great night's sleep and a beautiful view of Discovery Green from our window. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gayle880
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Gayle880,

Thank you for sharing your great stay with other travelers and for recognizing our attentive team members. We are pleased that you had a great night's rest as well.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Hilton Americas-Houston
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is very close to many of the downtown businesses as well as the convention center. The lobby is beautiful with tiles and marble floors. The main bar/restaurant is in the lobby right when you walk in the door so it gives a welcoming vibe as you enter. Check in was quick and painless (I am a Hilton diamond member though, so there was no line). Room service was quick and efficient, although very pricey it came with a smile from the person that delivered my breakfast.

Internet was fine, and was free (again, Hilton Hhonors perk). Check-out was at noon, which was great as I had to schedule packing and check-out around client meetings. I would stay here again if on business travel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Niquolle330,

Thank you for highlighting the quick and efficient service you received during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Demarest, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Americas-Houston. The rooms' skyline view and comfortable room amenities were terrific. It was worth the extra cost to book the executive floor even though we were actually in Houston for a mini family reunion. The executive lounge breakfast was quick and healthy to start each day. And in the afternoon before dinner the snacks were delicious and exceeded my expectations. The cleanliness of the hotel was superior and made for guaranteed enjoyment. The top floor pool, hot tub, and deck area offered our first trip to Houston a memorable view and a great picture "opportunity". Although I never found time to use the spa services this time, should I return, I would take advantage of these in-hotel pampering options during another stay. The lobby bar area was comfortable and cozy. The restaurant served typical dinner fare and our experience was average as we were seated near the open lobby side, but it was sufficient for our needs that evening. The Starbucks hotel snack area and gift shop in the spacious lobby came in handy for items I forgot and a snack on the run. Next time I might check the Toyota Centers' schedule which is right next door. The concierge was helpful with information about the museum district and the underground mall. It was a nice stay all-around, with plenty to return for. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear NJProudMary,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your "home run" stay on TripAdvisor.

Our Executive Level rooms do provide extra amenities and comforts that are very popular with our guests and pleased to read you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you again soon.