I wanted to take a moment to give Hilton Americas another fantastic review. As always, the staff is outstanding and the property is very well managed. I actually believe they have the very best management of any hilton property as we try to stay exclusively with hilton and this particular property is heads above the rest. It's all about a great manager and fantastic staff.
We sent our now daughter-in-law and bridesmaids over for a couple of nights prior to the wedding. The girls had a fantastic time and the staff went out of their way to take good care of them. I had arranged to cover the charges and girls had no trouble checking in without me. The front desk is super friendly and very efficient. The girls really loved the spa and the indoor pool (which is really beautiful).
As always, we booked a Parlor Suite, which IMHO is the best. The Parlors have a small bar area, huge dining table, and a large living area. In addition, there is a Murphy's bed in the parlor with a full sized bathroom and an attached standard queen or king room. It's always great for groups especially if you are in town for an event. Everyone can meet in one room to visit before or after and have great room service! The girls had a small lingerie shower prior to going out on the town and the room was perfect.
General details: Despite being very large, this hotel has a boutique feel with a gorgeous light sculpture in the lobby. The regular rooms are all beautifully appointed and nice sized, although as I stated, we love the Parlors. If you choose a standard room, request a view of the park. The indoor pool is beautiful and fitness room is very nice. The views are great and the location doesn't get better downtown.
The girls were not on the executive level, but I highly recommend it when staying during the week. The executive lounge provides a great continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. We are always so impressed with the business and leisure facilities at the Hilton Americas that we just can't try any other property in Houston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton