We stayed here for 4 nights while attending the Boys Junior Nation Volleyball Championships at the convention center. The Hilton is connected by a walkway over the street to the convention center so you never have to go outside which is nice in July with the humidity and thunderstorms. It is also conveniently close to the Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park.
Check in was a fast and had a friendly staff.
My room was clean, quiet, and well done. Typical Hilton quality.
Also, typical with Hilton is you pay extra for EVERYTHING - Internet access being pricey, food is pricey, self-parking is $20 per night, while valet is $34. Typical Hilton pricey.
There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance: House of Blues, and a great Italian restaurant right next door to the House of Blues.
A taxi ride:
Anywhere in the downtown area is a flat $6.
To IAH - Intercontinental Airport is approx. $55.
All in all it was a great stay mainly because of the convenience to the convention center. Probably would not stay here again – I’m not a big fan of Hilton’s. They are more for business travelers that get reimbursed by their company’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton